Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2013 8:24:54 PM EDT
Looking for tips, tricks, any info, web sites, etc.,  for using an 80% complete lower receiver for the build.  Suggestions and info sharing greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you have in mind?  The possibility is endless  Is it safe to assume since you're using an 80% paperweight, you're going to get it engraved?  If you do, hit up member Braceman and he'll hook you up with engraving your 80%.  Here's a link to his C8 carbine build and of course, my shameless plug for his fine work is also in the thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_127/610062_C7_Build_need_help___build_done_w_pics_.html
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Basically, I'm looking for information on the machining and drilling portion of the build.  Also, suppliers of drilling jig, lowers, etc.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.rockethub.com/projects/24272-support-ar15-80-lower

Not exactly "available for sale yet" but they're only $35 if you aren't in a hurry.

CB Arms has them next month but they want $125.  Might as well just buy a used stripped lower.  The only other places I've seen them are eBay (AR15 paperweights) and Gunbroker/armslist, both very overpriced.

I found all the other build info easily through Google and a few of the sites are not something I'd circulate on a public forum so you'll have to do your own Googling.  

Get them now, won't be long and we'll see legislation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  Pretty much what I was looking for.  I found another site a while back that had the drilling jigs in stock for a reasonable price but can't remember the name.  Anyway, thanks again.  I knew someone out there would have the info.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Matthews Carbine Company

they have drill jigs available
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Matthews Carbine Company

they have drill jigs available

In the drawing on their site, the top drill-guide plates appear to be made of clear plastic...is that the case?
If so, I'll pass.
Thanks for the link though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
no they are steel plates just transparent in the solid model.
I bought one and the top plates are steel. I have done 10 lowers and the plates are still good to go
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top