http://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/product/c-a-r-stock-green/
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Green Stock
View Quote

Thank you for the link. Sent the guy an email just to see if I can find out where/who made it (trying to avoid airsoft or imported junk) and if I can get the stock body only. Will report back on what I hear.

Update: Got an email back already. Turns out they make the stock body and it can be purchased alone. Looks like I might be able to make my C7A2 a bit more correct.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Diemaco BUIS is shorter than USGI handle, although all I had on hand to compare is a CNC Gunsmithing A1 Handle:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/adlerarmory/IMG1461_zpsckrlk9yh.jpg?t=1408047819
View Quote

That's because the Weaver rail is higher than the 1913.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone need a Colt Canada marked Troy BUIS?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone need a Colt Canada marked Troy BUIS?
View Quote

Need? No.
Want? Hellllllllll yes!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have the Rock River green furniture? I'm wondering how it compares in color to the cavarms or armalite stuff.

Also does anyone know where can I find a green rubber sleeve/cover for the Elcan? There seem to be a few black ones available but I can't find one in green anywhere...
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone have the Rock River green furniture? I'm wondering how it compares in color to the cavarms or armalite stuff.

Also does anyone know where can I find a green rubber sleeve/cover for the Elcan? There seem to be a few black ones available but I can't find one in green anywhere...
View Quote

Armament Technology has the Armalite green one, they can't sell you the Canadian Average Green one. If you have any problems contact me I personally know the owner.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]
BUIS are a dime a dozen... The rare ones are the trial metal ones. The CF went with the plastic one because it's more durable.LOL The Danes did go with the metal BUIS, till Diemaco stop making them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys, recently purchased a Colt upper and once I received it I realized it was a Diemaco. I heard from stoner63a you guys are the ones to talk to! I was just wondering if anyone could identify exactly what it is and if it is a factory configuration. He also said the barrel might be a CHF and I was wondering if you guys had any insight into that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some pictures:

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice score .  Definately a Diemaco upper receiver.  One of our Canadian brothers may have more info on the barrel.  My guess is a police trade in since Diemaco sells to LE in the states.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt Mk18 upper.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BUIS are a dime a dozen... The rare ones are the trial metal ones. The CF went with the plastic one because it's more durable.LOL The Danes did go with the metal BUIS, till Diemaco stop making them.
View Quote

I already said that before... You can still find them kicking around at gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you think it is a standard chrome barrel or a CHF?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you think it is a standard chrome barrel or a CHF?
View Quote

It's a standard Colt chrome lined barrel. If it was a Diemaco 10" CQB barrel it would have MP between the FSB and have a batch number behind the FSB. They also have a heavy profile.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thank you for the link. Sent the guy an email just to see if I can find out where/who made it (trying to avoid airsoft or imported junk) and if I can get the stock body only. Will report back on what I hear.

Update: Got an email back already. Turns out they make the stock body and it can be purchased alone. Looks like I might be able to make my C7A2 a bit more correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Green Stock

Have you gotten the stock yet? Are you satisfied? I've been thinking of a C7A2 build and they have all the green furniture, but I've heard some negative things about them - I'm going to pull the trigger on an order if it turned out OK for you. Thanks in advance for your report.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Have you gotten the stock yet? Are you satisfied? I've been thinking of a C7A2 build and they have all the green furniture, but I've heard some negative things about them - I'm going to pull the trigger on an order if it turned out OK for you. Thanks in advance for your report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Green Stock

I ordered a couple on Monday, so I hope they show up by the end of the week. I should have ordered them earlier, but I was waiting to see if I could get a decent green hand gaurd and grip. The ones Armalite sells seem to fit the bill. I'll update when the stocks show up and hopefully have some pics to see how the colors match.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my 2 green c.a.r. stocks from Tony's Customs today. They look good and match the green handguard and grip I bought from Armalite. Judging by some of the molding marks I'm thinking these might be made in the same mold as the c.a.r. stocks sold by M&A Parts, so I guess if people were happy with those, this stock should be fine as well. In terms of customer service from Tony's Customs, I can't say I had any issue. I called in my order since I needed just the stock and the lady on the other end was nice and took my order and then a week later my stocks arrived in the mail. I'll try to update this post with some pictures of the furniture tomorrow or the day after.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Excellent. Thanks for being the guinea pig. May I ask what they charged for the stock?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
They are $25 each and I believe they charged me $10 to ship them via USPS.

ETA. Here is a pic of the gun with green furniture. Not a great pic due to it being overcast and me using my phone, but you get the idea.

I'm a bit unsure how much further I will go with it. I might try adding a Norgon Ambi Catch at some point. I've got a Stag ambi safety, but didn't care for the long right side lever, so I might try and track down the more correct (and hopefully more comfortable) Colt ambi safety. Other stuff like the Elcan, sling end plate, and charging handle latch, might never get added due to cost/no idea how to get one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Other stuff like the Elcan, sling end plate, and charging handle latch, might never get added due to cost/no idea how to get one.
View Quote

I bought my Elcan off of the EE a couple years ago. I believe I paid $450 for it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/446122/gg-and-g-receiver-end-plate-slot-sling-mount-adapter-right-hand-ar-15-lr-308-fixed-stock-aluminum-matte
Close "eh"nough to the a2 plate.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ETA. Here is a pic of the gun with green furniture. Not a great pic due to it being overcast and me using my phone, but you get the idea.
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j371/65k10/C7A2v15.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks fantastic. That's pretty much the route I'm going, although I'm too cheap to spring for the TRIAD. I'll probably hold off on the DD sight until our local gun show in May, in case there's that million-to-one chance I'll score a Diemaco BUIS. And damn, I need to befriend a guy with a lathe someday - I'd love to turn down the exposed threads on the buffer tube. The Canucks did a nice touch there.

I'm a bit unsure how much further I will go with it. I might try adding a Norgon Ambi Catch at some point. I've got a Stag ambi safety, but didn't care for the long right side lever, so I might try and track down the more correct (and hopefully more comfortable) Colt ambi safety. Other stuff like the Elcan, sling end plate, and charging handle latch, might never get added due to cost/no idea how to get one.

Tony's has the sling plate, or a damn close one, for $14.95.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Looks fantastic. That's pretty much the route I'm going, although I'm too cheap to spring for the TRIAD. I'll probably hold off on the DD sight until our local gun show in May, in case there's that million-to-one chance I'll score a Diemaco BUIS. And damn, I need to befriend a guy with a lathe someday - I'd love to turn down the exposed threads on the buffer tube. The Canucks did a nice touch there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck finding what you need for your build. I wouldn't worry about getting the TRIAD right now. It's neat, but at best I'll stick a light on it someday (but probably never). To be honest the reason mine wears a DD rear sight is primarily because I had it in my parts bin. Maybe someday I'll spring for an Elcan if I can get excited enough about them.

Funny you mentioned the Tony's sling plate. That one looks closer than most and I kind of face-palmed when I realized I should have ordered one with the stocks. OTOH, I don't really like attaching the sling at the endplate, so getting one would be for show only. But it isn't all that pricey.

One other thing to note is Fulton Armory sells a charging handle latch that's at least similar in concept to the correct one and might fall into the "close enough" category. http://www.fulton-armory.com/charginghandletacticallatchambi.aspx

I suppose that stuff would be acceptable since it isn't exact, but it copies the concept and it isn't like parts like the BUIS and charging handle latch are common in the US anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#23]
yes. great rifle, built one in the early 90,s in the process of building another one, got all parts except barrell.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#24]
http://modernriflemanradio.com/mrr40-colt-canada/

The Colt Canada discussion starts at the 28 min mark.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#25]

15.7 IUR lighten version with side half rails, QD socket, GL lug and new C9 FH.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Colt really should make the IUR upper the new upper for the 6940.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#27]
My C7 build on a SA20.  Still waiting for the green C79 cover.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah55/shootemup604/73801375-dd65-4223-9de3-55a22d91a958_zps4d69917c.jpg
View Quote

NAILED IT!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:36:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

NAILED IT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah55/shootemup604/73801375-dd65-4223-9de3-55a22d91a958_zps4d69917c.jpg

NAILED IT!

Well it is a real SA C7A2.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Was the green furniture around before the C7A2 or is that when it began? A local guy claims he has a CS marked green stock, which I didn't think exist
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Was the green furniture around before the C7A2 or is that when it began? A local guy claims he has a CS marked green stock, which I didn't think exist
View Quote

The first trial C7A2 mid life up grades had Armalite green furniture on them. The CS stock was a special order item by weapon techs. Weapon techs would order them, but rarely received them. It wasn't till the end of the life cycle of the C7A1 that they started coming out of the wood work. Some bases have triwalls of new CS stocks sitting around. They were never green.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The first trial C7A2 mid life up grades had Armalite green furniture on them. The CS stock was a special order item by weapon techs. Weapon techs would order them, but rarely received them. It wasn't till the end of the life cycle of the C7A1 that they started coming out of the wood work. Some bases have triwalls of new CS stocks sitting around. They were never green.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I suspected. Thanks for verifying
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#33]
If you are at SHOT Show you can go and check out the SA 15.7 and SA 20 at Colt's booth.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Well it is a real SA C7A2.
View Quote

True, it was the easy way to do it - complete factory build, and correct green furniture thanks to the IOP program.  The accessories are all bolt ons to complete the setup.

I'm impressed by those here who cobbled together the hard-to-find Diemaco parts to build one from scratch.  In some ways those are more correct, as the SA20 parts have CC markings, not the Diemaco D.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#35]
A quick couple of questions regarding the C7s -

The C7 program started @ 1984 & the receivers at that time were anodized in a greyish color. At some point later, they started showing up with black anodized receivers (I think @ the time the C7a1 came out in 1990?). Does anyone know when this change-over took place?

And also - did the original C7s use the A2 port door? or were they the A1-style then? Does anyone know when they changed to using the A2 style port door?

I just bought one of the last (black type II anodized) DPMS C7 uppers (they apparently have now stopped production of these & sources are starting to dry up fast) & I'm looking to build a C7 clone, but I'm not sure on what all parts would be correct for a C7 that was built just before the C7a1 came out.

Thanks in advance.
FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They are $25 each and I believe they charged me $10 to ship them via USPS.

View Quote

CC uses Troy ambi safety. Second does those DD fixed sights line well with fixed sight? I got a Diemaco rear sight and need a fixed front. Looking at DD fixed front. Will it work well?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The C7 program started @ 1984 & the receivers at that time were anodized in a greyish color. At some point later, they started showing up with black anodized receivers (I think @ the time the C7a1 came out in 1990?). Does anyone know when this change-over took place?

And also - did the original C7s use the A2 port door? or were they the A1-style then? Does anyone know when they changed to using the A2 style port door?

I just bought one of the last (black type II anodized) DPMS C7 uppers (they apparently have now stopped production of these & sources are starting to dry up fast) & I'm looking to build a C7 clone, but I'm not sure on what all parts would be correct for a C7 that was built just before the C7a1 came out.

Thanks in advance.
FlDiveCop71
View Quote

I have a C7 upper receiver that I have intentions of making into a 20" C7 clone. I'm going to mirror my M16A2 build. Everything will be the same, save for the upper receivers, of course.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a C7 upper receiver that I have intentions of making into a 20" C7 clone. I'm going to mirror my M16A2 build. Everything will be the same, save for the upper receivers, of course.
View Quote

This is what I was thinking of as well, though I am considering using an A1 type E stock body with an A2 end plate assembly, as a CS stock isn't really an option for me at this time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Keep an eye open for the odd SA20 or SA15.7 upper on the market - with the IUR offering from Colt Canada's Danish contract overrun, I think some guys are going to mate the IUR to their SA lower, and get rid of the upper.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Keep an eye open for the odd SA20 or SA15.7 upper on the market - with the IUR offering from Colt Canada's Danish contract overrun, I think some guys are going to mate the IUR to their SA lower, and get rid of the upper.
View Quote

Oh?  I really want one of those SFW uppers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you think any of those IUR uppers will make it south of the border?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is what I was thinking of as well, though I am considering using an A1 type E stock body with an A2 end plate assembly, as a CS stock isn't really an option for me at this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I considered the exact same as I have a spare Type E. I'll likely end up using an A2, though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubtful. Would have to be smuggled in. Assault rifle/machine gun barrels are illegal to import.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Doubtful. Would have to be smuggled in. Assault rifle/machine gun barrels are illegal to import.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt Canada has a agreement with Colt not to sell their products in the US. But I know LE agencies/Dealer Samples have bought Diemaco stuff in the past, but Colt has to be the main contractor and Colt Canada is the sub-contractor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance.
FlDiveCop71
View Quote

I have see various shades of anodizing. Half the time the uppers don't match the lower.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Finally got my hands on a Diemaco upper. It won't go on a C7 inspired rifle but it'll go on an M4 similar to the ones I've seen in American arms rooms with Diemaco marked parts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance.
FlDiveCop71
View Quote

Actually the SARP (Small Arms Replacement Project) started in about 1980.  I was at National Defence HQ in early 1981, and one of the key officers on the SARP was an old friend of mine (Lieutenant Colonel IPF (Ivor) MacLeod MM).  Ivor had been a sniper  with the British Army in Palestine and the Albanian communist incursion into Greece, before immigrating to Canada.  Being both keen shooters, we talked quite a bit about the project. At that point the project was in it's infancy, and they hadn't come close to deciding on a rifle design.    

As I recall, issues of the C7 started on the west coast with the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry out of Vancouver.  In  the Calgary-based units of 1st Canadian Brigade Group issues were delayed by production problems and we didn't get ours until almost 1987.  They were two-tone, having black lowers made by Diemaco and uppers anodized a grey-green and marked with the CH forge code. Of course they still had carrying handles and A1-style sights.  At the time I didn't know one port door from another, so I can't tell you whether they were A1 or A2 type.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Filled a spot in my collection with my C7 build. I had some "semi correct" C7 builds over the years, but they never quite were right...

This gun:

Picked up a factory Colt 715 upper off the EE (thank you SGL_Shooter) and traded some parts for a CS stock/Colt A2 grip. Had a 80% lower I engraved with my information and anodized in XM grey that matched up pretty nice to the light grey of the Colt upper. Finished it off with a Colt BCG and I am happy with my build. Only thing I am thinking aboot is having a 80% engraved with the correct markings and milling it out...

Rapidex wheel is not correct, but will stay for now...I kind of like it and living in CA no chance on a correct thermold magazine unless some kind soul will sell me one and block it to ten rounds..

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Filled a spot in my collection with my C7 build. I had some "semi correct" C7 builds over the years, but they never quite were right...

This gun:

Picked up a factory Colt 715 upper off the EE (thank you SGL_Shooter) and traded some parts for a CS stock/Colt A2 grip. Had a 80% lower I engraved with my information and anodized in XM grey that matched up pretty nice to the light grey of the Colt upper. Finished it off with a Colt BCG and I am happy with my build. Only thing I am thinking aboot is having a 80% engraved with the correct markings and milling it out...

Rapidex wheel is not correct, but will stay for now...I kind of like it and living in CA no chance on a correct thermold magazine unless some kind soul will sell me one and block it to ten rounds..

http://<a href=http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3676.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3678.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3677.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

That looks sweet. The first C7s had shiny handguards and grip. I built mine on a Diemaco SA20 lower, so now I have a 100% Canadian built rifle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This gun:

http://<a href=http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3676.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3678.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3677.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Looks great!
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top