Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

DPMS is no longer making the C7 uppers, & thus CDNN will not be stocking them anymore...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So where is the go to place for a C7 uppers with the a1 rear sights?

cdnn gets some once in a whilr. They had them for 40$ along with their a2s. I bought 1 a2. Dummy.  Should have bought a couple of each

DPMS is no longer making the C7 uppers, & thus CDNN will not be stocking them anymore...

I saw them recently at Midway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess I should have said C7-esque uppers .  I'm not building a clone, just want one for a beater rifle.  I know Rguns has a complete one for $150 IIRC, just wondering if anyone else makes them cheaper
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok RR! What is that?  I can see the maple leaf and Colt Canada markings on it.

ETA:
I found it.
Colt Canada IUR 11.6
View Quote

The new MLok IUR. It's a teaser picture from one of the sales guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Perhaps a silly question... But why wouldn't a Canadian-spec rifle have a winter trigger guard?  Figure if anyone is shooting with gloves, it would be our northern neighbors.  Although I suppose while I would definitely need gloves, they would consider it "normal."
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Perhaps a silly question... But why wouldn't a Canadian-spec rifle have a winter trigger guard?  Figure if anyone is shooting with gloves, it would be our northern neighbors.  Although I suppose while I would definitely need gloves, they would consider it "normal."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You push the little button with a bullet tip on the front of the trigger guard and pull it down. Then you can shoot it with gloves.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You push the little button with a bullet tip on the front of the trigger guard and pull it down. Then you can shoot it with gloves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it - if it's an occasional thing.  Seems that it might be an all-the-time-thing for long stretches of time in Canada, and you're left with either a) no trigger guard, or b) the need to dig out a single bullet, or punch, or paper clip, or whatever while you have gloves on and need to shoot.

And, yes, I get that winter trigger guards are generally unnecessary, Tier 0, rifle bling for many that are wanting to operate operationally.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I get it - if it's an occasional thing.  Seems that it might be an all-the-time-thing for long stretches of time in Canada, and you're left with either a) no trigger guard, or b) the need to dig out a single bullet, or punch, or paper clip, or whatever while you have gloves on and need to shoot.

And, yes, I get that winter trigger guards are generally unnecessary, Tier 0, rifle bling for many that are wanting to operate operationally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, youd just patrol/stand post with it open but the magazine guard/magazine kinda helps act as a trigger guard.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a spare Danish M/10 IUR upper I'd send down south for you fellas, but it has the 15.7" barrel which I'm told is a no-no unless I have the C9 flash hider pinned to it.  A bunch of this Colt Canada stuff is being sold by vendors here as not for export, but I haven't found any Canadian laws that say so, although there are some US import laws.  Maybe an outfit like irunguns could bring some canuck goodness in for you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know what would be the correct  color to have the handguards, pistol grip, and  butt stock Cerekoted? Would it be foliage?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Brownells has some but they are $150 stripped
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The correct colour is Canadian Average Green.  Foliage is too grey, Armalite Green is too green, and OD is not quite green enough.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Close enough, eh? I wish Lucid would make their P7 optic in green for an "ELCAN if you look at it from 100 yards away and you're drunk on Labatt's" look.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The folding trigger guard is a winter trigger guard.  It's not for use with gloves.  I have no issues shooting with gloves and the trigger guard in place.  It's so that you can shoot in the winter with mittens.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my BCM C8 SFW upper; will strip it down when I find the Diemaco upper.  I am only using the BCM barrel since it is the closest to the Diemaco barrel without living in Canada again.

I am looking at the Cerekote color chart, and they do not have Canadian Average Green. Could MILSPEC green be close enough?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]
veeklog,
Congratulations on your purchase.  I don't know about the color match.  As some canucks above have said, they were issued black furniture painted green so a close match might be almost correct. My question is; is the barrel length profile different than the real C8A3? I know the BCM is a quarter inch longer but the pics on BCM website seem to show the barrel length longer between the FSB and the Simon Sleeve.  Do you notice that?  Lets see some pics!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
veeklog,
Congratulations on your purchase.  I don't know about the color match.  As some canucks above have said, they were issued black furniture painted green so a close match might be almost correct. My question is; is the barrel length profile different than the real C8A3? I know the BCM is a quarter inch longer but the pics on BCM website seem to show the barrel length longer between the FSB and the Simon Sleeve.  Do you notice that?  Lets see some pics!
View Quote

You know, I just unwrapped it and looked at the barrel. It looks nice, and under the hand guards it is the correct profile. The Diemaco barrels are 15.7", while BCM's are 16". I really didn't pay attention in front of the barrel, but now that you brought it up, I will look at it. I won't be able to post pictures until i am home Saturday

FYI: looking  at Diemaco pictures and the BCM picture, it looks like the BCM barrel is slightly longer, probably because it is .3 inches shorter.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Of course only us anal retentive clone/ retro types like us would ever notice the. 30 inches difference.  That difference and the whiteBCM.logo.stopped me from buying one.  Too bad BCM wouldn't just make the barrel exact profile and perm attach the FH. Even better if they got the Colt Canada compensatory perm attached.  I would sell stuff to buy one!  

BCM! Are. you listening?  Good job BCM on providing a nice niche piece in the C8 upper.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Figured this would be a good place to ask this as the C79 Elcan is pretty unique to Canada and someone might know whay this thing is.
Recently I won an auction on what appears to be a partial C79 Elcan, bought the thing solely to serve as spare parts for my existing C79. What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly the bottom half is meant to be mounted on.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Figured this would be a good place to ask this as the C79 Elcan is pretty unique to Canada and someone might know whay this thing is.
Recently I won an auction on what appears to be a partial C79 Elcan, bought the thing solely to serve as spare parts for my existing C79. What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly the bottom half is meant to be mounted on.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/Hambrabai/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160208_113509.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/Hambrabai/Mobile%20Uploads/_3.jpg
View Quote

I don't know what it is for however, if I had to guess I would say it was meant to attach to a FAL.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't know what it is for however, if I had to guess I would say it was meant to attach to a FAL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/Hambrabai/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160208_113509.jpg

The C1 Sniper Scope is the only thing that went on the C1 besides the Starlight.(Picture is from the internet.)
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/scitobiz/DSC06098_edited.jpg
The C1 Sniper Scope is the only thing that went on the C1 besides the Starlight.(Picture is from the internet.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm almost certain that I have seen that early optic (I don't recall the name) that went on that little bullpup the British use on the FAL.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy, that picture brought back memories! All that's missing is the C21 ammo in those awful plasticised bandoliers that took Superman to open them!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Found this while surfing the web. Not sure if it's ever been posted here, but though you all might enjoy it:
Canadian special forces in Afgan...
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Good pic, but not SF...
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good pic, but not SF...
View Quote

Meh - Just relating what the webpage claimed them to be. <shruggs>
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top