Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 37
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ironcross:
20" Del ton upper, Bushmaster lower.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65776/IMG_20200710_120538595_jpg-1547522.JPG
View Quote

delton has 20 inch complete a2 uppers?
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ironcross] [#2]
Originally Posted By togadelic:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
20" Del ton upper, Bushmaster lower.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65776/IMG_20200710_120538595_jpg-1547522.JPG

Out of stock
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Out of stock
View Quote

I couldn't find link to it

can you send it to me so I can be notified when they have them back ?

their website stinks,  but I am itching for an a2 complete upper
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:45:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ironcross] [#4]

View All Quotes

Out of stock

Attachment Attached File

FYI, I swapped out their handguards for a set of WW handguards. The Del Ton ones didn't seem right.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65776/Screenshot_20200815-152320_png-1547598.JPG
FYI, I swapped out their handguards for a set of WW handguards. The Del Ton ones didn't seem right.
View All Quotes

Out of stock

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65776/Screenshot_20200815-152320_png-1547598.JPG
Direct link for @togadelic

https://www.del-ton.com/AR-15-Barrel-Assembly-p/dt1012.htm
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:12:02 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By grondike:
Direct link for @togadelic

https://www.del-ton.com/AR-15-Barrel-Assembly-p/dt1012.htm
View Quote

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#9]
Here’s my version of an A2 build.  Not clone correct in any way but I like the 20” look.  

Unknown upper (can’t even find a forge mark)
20” BA barrel
Colt M4 lower with A1 stock kit (perfect length for me)
BCM BCG
Raptor CH
Various other different parts on/in the lower

Attachment Attached File

I’m currently working on a clone-correct A4 build.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's how it was when I first got it together, after getting some of the worst rust off of the upper. Rear sight couldn't flip apertures or change the windage adjustment due to rust when I got it.

That's a K31 sling which has seen better days. Currently it's resting on a fixed trigger guard lower (Which was originally a pistol's, I sold my other lower to a friend in need earlier this year and plan on getting an 80% done for this). I got a worn A2 stock and buffer assembly with the upper, has a 5.2 oz buffer which is neat. Stock has those cool worn rack markings and a plastic buttplate with metal trapdoor. I've been using an A1 length stock and A3 grip recently though.

A bit more recently by this neat unrefurbished Finnish captured M38 I have. Sanded the finger groove off the A2 grip I have, don't worry it's one of the newer ones.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OtherLikesA2s:
Here's how it was when I first got it together, after getting some of the worst rust off of the upper. Rear sight couldn't flip apertures or change the windage adjustment due to rust when I got it.

https://imgur.com/5YSjjp9
That's a K31 sling which has seen better days. Currently it's resting on a fixed trigger guard lower (Which was originally a pistol's, I sold my other lower to a friend in need earlier this year and plan on getting an 80% done for this). I got a worn A2 stock and buffer assembly with the upper, has a 5.2 oz buffer which is neat. Stock has those cool worn rack markings and a plastic buttplate with metal trapdoor. I've been using an A1 length stock and A3 grip recently though.

https://imgur.com/f8N85IU
A bit more recently by this neat unrefurbished Finnish captured M38 I have. Sanded the finger groove off the A2 grip I have, don't worry it's one of the newer ones.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]
How about a 6mm ARC DCM A2 Variant
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillyReb] [#15]

Started out as an A2 clone in 6.8 SPC in 2007.

Now the 6.8 barrel assembly is installed on an A3 receiver while the A2 has a 5.56 barrel assembly from Windham Weaponry.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Here's mine. It has a CAPCO upper with a 09/99 dated barrel and a Toolcraft 1B1B6 bolt carrier group. The lower is a plain PSA unit with a PSA LPK and a WOA charging handle and buttstock assembly. The fog came from an old Daniel Defense LPK because the trigger felt more A2ish, amd the BHO was from a DPMS because it looked more mil spec than the weird PSA BHO. The pistol grip is F2 marked and is a take-off from my M&P 15-22. The sling is an M4 silent sling.
Not a perfect clone, but it is perhaps my most accurate rifle, and it really feels like the A2s I used in the military. I even like the 2 tone look.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:05:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#17]
Originally Posted By Deinosuchus:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7566739@N06/50559283452/in/dateposted-public/

Here's mine. It has a CAPCO upper with a 09/99 dated barrel and a Toolcraft 1B1B6 bolt carrier group. The lower is a plain PSA unit with a PSA LPK and a WOA charging handle and buttstock assembly. The fog came from an old Daniel Defense LPK because the trigger felt more A2ish, amd the BHO was from a DPMS because it looked more mil spec than the weird PSA BHO. The pistol grip is F2 marked and is a take-off from my M&P 15-22. The sling is an M4 silent sling.
Not a perfect clone, but it is perhaps my most accurate rifle, and it really feels like the A2s I used in the military. I even like the 2 tone look.
View Quote
Nice rifle and welcome to ARFCOM.

In order to post images from Flickr, click 'Share', then 'BBCode' and paste that link into your post. You don't need to use the image button, just put the link you copied into the body of the post.

20201102_095113 by natkinson85, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BillyReb:
https://imgur.com/a/pvm3hgd

Started out as an A2 clone in 6.8 SPC in 2007.

Now the 6.8 barrel assembly is installed on an A3 receiver while the A2 has a 5.56 barrel assembly from Windham Weaponry.
View Quote

Another nice one.

To post images from Imgur, right-click on the image and select 'copy image location' or whatever your browser says to get the link with .jpg at the end, and then paste that into the Image field.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, but I still seem to have problems. It seems to just want to copy the link, not the code. Perhaps it's a function that does not work very well on my browser and platform.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally bought some D60s.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:46:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Fixed it.
Thank you for the tip.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By officerX:
Here’s my version of an A2 build.  Not clone correct in any way but I like the 20” look.  

Unknown upper (can’t even find a forge mark)
20” BA barrel
Colt M4 lower with A1 stock kit (perfect length for me)
BCM BCG
Raptor CH
Various other different parts on/in the lower

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/335460/7E4C3292-CD95-4145-BB68-255F22327FC7_jpe-1628504.JPG

I’m currently working on a clone-correct A4 build.
View Quote

drool
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Fulton A2 Upper
Daniel Defense 12.5" barrel- contoured for use with the AEM5 / Ops Inc MD
Aero M4 Carbine lower

This is my first job rattle canning a gun.  My son assisted with spraying the browns through the laundry bag.  His little hands didn't have the strength to control the nozzle very well, but he did a great job!  It shoots very well.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:13:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: togadelic] [#26]
Originally Posted By wally05:
Fulton A2 Upper
Daniel Defense 12.5" barrel- contoured for use with the AEM5 / Ops Inc MD
Aero M4 Carbine lower

This is my first job rattle canning a gun.  My son assisted with spraying the browns through the laundry bag.  His little hands didn't have the strength to control the nozzle very well, but he did a great job!  It shoots very well.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50673834546_35c42b1e16_k.jpg
View Quote

that is really really nice

how did you zero?

did you ?

ribz?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/RIBZ--Revised-Improved-Battlesight-Zero/18-328143/?page=11

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:23:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wally05] [#27]

how did you zero?

did you ?

ribz?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/RIBZ--Revised-Improved-Battlesight-Zero/18-328143/?page=11

View Quote

@togadelic

Thank you!  The boy was proud of his painting job.  I live where greens are a necessity for any camo job, so it's a mix of light green, dark forest green, Tan, and "earth brown".  It has an ambi PRI gas buster CH and Knights ambi mag release also... I'm a lefty.  I love FCD ambi mag releases and bolt catches, but I wanted something different for this.

Yep, I used RIBZ with a 50 yard zero.  After years of shooting A2-type irons, I've never seen a need to zero it any other way honestly.  But that is just me.  I actually faced the receiver using the brownells tool before assembly, but I had some good windage to adjust still during zero.  There is still plenty of adjustment left, though.  The barrel is fairly overgassed.  I was running an H2 buffer with a standard carbine spring and its ejection was consistently 2:00 without any dings to the brass deflector.  I just threw a sprinco blue spring to see what that does.  As soon as the AEM5 comes in, it will go on this little guy.  I have an ARMs carry handle 1913 rail en route.  I'll probably toss a Primary Arms MD25 or something on the top.

It's lightweight / handy, shoots very well, and is simple.  But it is loud as heck on a covered range with the brake.  Haha.  I zeroed it in 6 rounds.  Fired 2, did some math, fired 2 more, adjusted one more time and I was dead on.  When I get the chance, I'll do a lot more shooting with it.  The trigger is PNT type Schmidt from Brownells that has a very nice feel to it.  And from there, the IWC mount and G2X light is perfect.  Oh, and ADCO did the contour and custom collar for the AEM5.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#29]

@togadelic

Thank you!  The boy was proud of his painting job.  I live where greens are a necessity for any camo job, so it's a mix of light green, dark forest green, Tan, and "earth brown".  It has an ambi PRI gas buster CH and Knights ambi mag release also... I'm a lefty.  I love FCD ambi mag releases and bolt catches, but I wanted something different for this.

Yep, I used RIBZ with a 50 yard zero.  After years of shooting A2-type irons, I've never seen a need to zero it any other way honestly.  But that is just me.  I actually faced the receiver using the brownells tool before assembly, but I had some good windage to adjust still during zero.  There is still plenty of adjustment left, though.  The barrel is fairly overgassed.  I was running an H2 buffer with a standard carbine spring and its ejection was consistently 2:00 without any dings to the brass deflector.  I just threw a sprinco blue spring to see what that does.  As soon as the AEM5 comes in, it will go on this little guy.  I have an ARMs carry handle 1913 rail en route.  I'll probably toss a Primary Arms MD25 or something on the top.

It's lightweight / handy, shoots very well, and is simple.  But it is loud as heck on a covered range with the brake.  Haha.  I zeroed it in 6 rounds.  Fired 2, did some math, fired 2 more, adjusted one more time and I was dead on.  When I get the chance, I'll do a lot more shooting with it.  The trigger is PNT type Schmidt from Brownells that has a very nice feel to it.  And from there, the IWC mount and G2X light is perfect.  Oh, and ADCO did the contour and custom collar for the AEM5.
View All Quotes

how did you zero?

did you ?

ribz?

@togadelic

man that is exactly what I am into right there

how much math did you have to math out for the shorter barrel?

did it apply out to the other ranges?

I love me some ribz

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#30]

man that is exactly what I am into right there

how much math did you have to math out for the shorter barrel?

did it apply out to the other ranges?

I love me some ribz

View Quote

Just basic stuff.  Using targets with 1” squares made it easy to use a spotting scope and make changes without going down range.  The front sight adjustments were about .75” or so per click at 50.  Probably a bit more.  And windage was easy.  I’m not going to stretch it out just yet.  Once I get an optic on it, I’m going to hopefully run it out to 200 and and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I like full-stocked carbines. With stabby things.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#33]
My take on 1990s SWAT goodness.  I literally built this gun around a Surefire M500 I found in a bargain bin.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#37]
12lbs of goodness :)  The PVS4 weighs 4 lbs and you certainly know its there, really makes you appreciate modern night vision but in the early 80s this was high-tech I guess.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By KP49:
12lbs of goodness :)  The PVS4 weighs 4 lbs and you certainly know its there, really makes you appreciate modern night vision but in the early 80s this was high-tech I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/rptZXQL.jpg
View Quote

I remember seeing that or a version like that in the early 90's in the Corps and thought "damn that thing is more unwieldy than my SAW". That being said that is retro cool.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By usmcchet9296:

I remember seeing that or a version like that in the early 90's in the Corps and thought "damn that thing is more unwieldy than my SAW". That being said that is retro cool.
View Quote

Yea, but its better than the 6lb PVS2 from the VN era :)  Even though the native mount on it was for a carry handle M16 I imagine it was better suited or a tripod mounted 249 or M60.  Its not comfortable to shoot at all standing with an A2, an A1 stock would help.  Being a Gen II it actually works well and could be a decent hunting optic mounted on a rail, too bad they are kind of expensive.  Not to mention who knows how long the 40 year old image intensifier tube will last, they are only good for 2000 hours or so.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Very Cool! Yes it is big and heavy but is fun to shoot.  We trained with them at Camp Pendleton Infantry Training School in 1987.  We zeroed them and shot them at night at a range.  It was very fun seeing the shots hit under NV.  We were on an open range with multiple range targets from 50 -800M with Ivans, Trucks.....But also glad I didn't have to carry it much.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:04:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#41]
Missed the photo.  See below.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:05:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#42]

View Quote

PVS-4 on a M16A1 w/M203, back at Mott Lake (5th SFGA CQB compound) back in 86'.  Think I just turned 21 yo in that photo.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

PVS-4 on a M16A1 w/M203, back at Mott Lake (5th SFGA CQB compound) back in 86'.  Think I just turned 21 yo in that photo.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/Page_21_M16A1_M203_PVS4_jpg-1860718.JPG

CD
View Quote

Very cool pic, except I think that is a PVS2 (zero adjustment on the mount instead of the housing).  Wonder what that whole rig weighed..
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XDm525Forty] [#44]
733-ish pistol:

Brownells "blem" black A1 lower (the blem is the right side selector markings), RRA LPK, SB15 brace (I've had this so long, it was the only brace on the market at the time ), KAK tube and spacers, MOE-K2 grip.  DPMS C7 upper/teardrop FA/front & rear sights, Brownells BCG, VLTOR charging handle, Doublestar 11.5" 1:9 barrel & FH, gun-show 7-hole handguards.  

I have another lower, identical except for Brownells 2-position buffer tube and M&A CAR stock, that will someday be SBR'd for this upper.  Right now it's got my Wolf A1 upper on it until I can build something out for that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:42:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#45]

Very cool pic, except I think that is a PVS2 (zero adjustment on the mount instead of the housing).  Wonder what that whole rig weighed..
View Quote

Might be.  Only used it briefly.  Have another picture at home but not with me.

CD
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/Page_21_M16A1_M203_PVS4_jpg-1860718.JPG

CD
View Quote
You freaking stud
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Alright, how’d I do. FN M16A2 clone
Surplus upper from the EE, repaired all the pitting and sprayed with Norells.
NOS FN barrel
PSA lower, sprayed to match the upper, refinished a couple mags as well.
I’ll probably swap out the stock for a genuine FN one from shark, Handguards were NOS, as well as the bayonet and sling.
Still needs a BCG
I have a few blemishes in the finish from installing the barrel, undecided on if I’ll leave them or touch it up with an airbrush at a later date. If the day ever comes where I start doing 80% receivers, I’ll swap out the lower for one with FN markings.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Very fine rifle - your pictures weren't showing because they need to be linked in a specific way.

I took the liberty of doing it for you

Finished FN M16A2 Restoration/Clone, PSA lower by Dylan Stoltenberg, on Flickr

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Very fine rifle - your pictures weren't showing because they need to be linked in a specific way.

I took the liberty of doing it for you
View Quote

Appreciate that hoss. I’m still getting used to navigating forum controls again after not using any in like a decade
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Blacksavage70:

Appreciate that hoss. I'm still getting used to navigating forum controls again after not using any in like a decade
View Quote
You don't worry about anything and enjoy all of it - welcome back!
Page / 37
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top