Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2017 7:27:22 AM EDT
Military grade ammo is fine with the design. But weak Wolf steel case, while it runs beautifully in this upper for right handers, does not deflect well for lefties.

https://youtu.be/Qiu_8qlOp5w
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you a lefty just cut a 3/4 X 1" inch piece of hard foam in a triangle shape and double face tape it to aft end of the opening and you good to go and when you done is easily remove.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like the upper? I have heard people complain about the gas piston set up, but I wouldn't mind having one of the short barreled ones to build a pistol
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you like the upper? I have heard people complain about the gas piston set up, but I wouldn't mind having one of the short barreled ones to build a pistol
View Quote
I like the upper. They are a bit heavy but built very strong. I like the piston design. It is contained and idiot proof. The uppers can be found for $499 now. Here is a look at the uppers....https://youtu.be/kiRybiOHB8k
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well that's disappointing
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to dedicate the rifle to wolf only, you might use a stronger ejector spring (if you can find one). It might move ejection back towards the 2:00 region (ish). YMMV. If it works you could have 2 bolt assemblies, one for the good stuff and one for the affordable stuff
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Who has the Type 91 uppers in stock for sale? Link ?

Never mind...... I scored one, and a carry handle too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought one of these in the 12-inch configuration. I really really loved the way it shot but I realized that the front sight was canted so I contacted Atlantic Firearms they immediately got back to me and they're sending me out a package to send it back to exchange. I am left-handed and I had zero problems with even crappy wolf or Tula ammunition hitting me in the face. It got kind of close but it didn't ever hit me in the face and I fired about a hundred and fifty rounds out of it. As far as xm193 it didn't even come close to hitting me in the face it ejected about 3o clock.
Atlantic has great customer service. I appreciate them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:08:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who has the Type 91 uppers in stock for sale? Link ?

Never mind...... I scored one, and a carry handle too.
View Quote
I just noticed they're back in stock everywhere.

I can't wait to fire my 12 inch, I think I got the last one from Atlantic from the first shipment !
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just noticed they're back in stock everywhere.

I can't wait to fire my 12 inch, I think I got the last one from Atlantic from the first shipment !
View Quote
Atlantic has 12" back in stock! Ordered mine this morning. I'm not sure when the 12" first came out but they have been sold out. I was a happy camper when I saw "This item is in Stock" today.
Good luck, I hope you enjoy yours.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top