Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/11/2017 7:19:56 PM EDT
Hi,
I'm in the middle stages of a new piston pistol build. I have the Adams piston pistol kit that came with a Samson rail, however I really prefer the look of the SLR solo hybrid 6.7 inch rail. I think that'd be the prefect length for the 7.5 inch barrel. I'll be using a Gibbs side charging upper along with a San tan tactical lower and a maxim defense pistol brace.

The overall look of the pistol is my primary concern. I love the way the slr rail looks and I think it would really make this build from an asthetics standpoint. Has anyone ever gotten an adams arms system to work with the SLR solo hybrid? I want this bad enough that I'm willing to attack the rail and barrel nut with a drill if I have to. I'm guessing I'd need to take part of the barrel nut down for the piston rod to clear along with the inside of the rail for the Adams arms low profile piston gas block (a part that I don't have yet). Using the SLR rail is my primary concern. I'd switch to a different piston system if that's what it takes. I do want to stay at the 7.5 inch barrel length and pistol length system though. Any advice would very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top