Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2017 10:05:16 PM EDT
Anyone hearing anything about the supposed Titan Defense Gen 2 upper that was supposed to e coming out?

Thanks,
SK
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't say "Titan" on it but check out what TRB Ventures is doing.  There is an ad at GB http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/667337568 for some "blem" uppers.   I just sent my money for one of them.  My guess is the HK 416 patent must have expired.  Top rail height is the same as the 416 and now the piston has rings like the HK.  Although the "clone" piston is Nitride treated instead of chromed.  It looks like the bolt group is similar to the 416 and might interchange parts.  Though it looks like the parts are shaped differently.  The gas block is also vented.  I'll post pictures comparing the 10" GSG9 upper to one the 10" Titan uppers I have.  Hopefully this is an improve version.  I'm soiled as the 10" Titans only cost me $700 each.  Time will tell.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn't say "Titan" on it but check out what TRB Ventures is doing.  There is an ad at GB http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/667337568 for some "blem" uppers.   I just sent my money for one of them.  My guess is the HK 416 patent must have expired.  Top rail height is the same as the 416 and now the piston has rings like the HK.  Although the "clone" piston is Nitride treated instead of chromed.  It looks like the bolt group is similar to the 416 and might interchange parts.  Though it looks like the parts are shaped differently.  The gas block is also vented.  I'll post pictures comparing the 10" GSG9 upper to one the 10" Titan uppers I have.  Hopefully this is an improve version.  I'm soiled as the 10" Titans only cost me $700 each.  Time will tell.

Scott
View Quote
Going out on a limb here....but I bet Todd Bailey's middle initial is "R".
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Going out on a limb here....but I bet Todd Bailey's middle initial is "R".
View Quote
Ha, I bet you're right.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ha, I bet you're right.
View Quote
I wont bet, i stake everything as its coming out of Mesa, AZ.  Its him but seriously dont give the guy shyt for bringing a product everyone wants to market.  Ill definitely grab one or 2 just to have.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wont bet, i stake everything as its coming out of Mesa, AZ.  Its him but seriously dont give the guy shyt for bringing a product everyone wants to market.  Ill definitely grab one or 2 just to have.
View Quote
I am not giving him shyt, but how many different company names is he going to go thru in his career? I have Special Weapons stamped receiver MP5 copy serial # 5 that runs like a top, with a German BCG. I have Coharie Arms products, Bobcat weapons products. I have had multiple TD415s. I can't wait to see the Gen2 uppers on HKParts.net. I had a long conversation with Todd before doing a video on the future of HK416 clones. I like the looks of the new HK416 knock offs, and I like the price point. The first generation TD415 run great.....https://youtu.be/5jyEU1J4lg0
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dont give the guy shyt for bringing a product everyone wants to market.
View Quote
There are plenty of other reasons to give Todd Bailey shyt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Im wondering are these really comes to light.  The TD-415 was dope but came out for a very limited time.  i would love to get my hands on a upper.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
$1800 clams for the latest 416 clone...

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/TD-416-GSG9-Gen-2-10-4-556-Upper-Kit-Complete-132p17662.htm

Too bad it doesn't have a CHF barrel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#9]
He'll get it, from many customers. Just watch.
HK is so dumb. 
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top