Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2017 9:03:57 PM EDT
For better or for worse, I've become very interested in these rifles over the last week or so. I've seen this movie before, I'm going to end up with one, it's just a matter of when.

The vast majority of what I've read has been positive, but I do have a few questions:

I would like the pinned 14.5, but also would want to shoot suppressed. What are my options here? (never had a pinned & welded barrel)

Is it possible to change out the barrel, or is the setup/barrel proprietary?

Any opinions on the Zev trigger in the current mod 2?

I'd also appreciate any other feedback or pointers you are willing to share. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
-I have a Mod 2 with both a 14.5" barrel with a pinned Mod 2 FSC, and a 16" upper with a non-pinned FSC
If you contact PWS, they will pin ant device you like, if you provide said device.

-I do not believe it's possible to swap a barrel.

-Very few Zev triggers have been released. My rifle shipped without the Zev. It is back ordered and is said to be coming soon.
A BCM came with my carbine, I replaced with a Geissele I had on hand.

I've had a PWS Mk107 Mod 1 upper for some time as well as well as a Mod 1 Mk116 upper. Both have been utterly reliable. Run clean and cool.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It isn't possible to swap a barrel. I had a lengthy discussion with them about it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Rainier is running a 10% off sale on PWS.  I had a chance to play with the Zev trigger.  It's a very nice unit and I think you will be pleased with it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Still waiting on my Zev trigger........
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a MK109 that I only shoot suppressed and 300BLK subs.  Dirty is about the only word to describe the gun.  I want so badly for this to be my go to gun as it is a nice gun.  However, I can not pick it up and think in my head "this will not malfunction".  Even if cleaning after every range visit, it gets so dirty so fast it is just not a reliable gun for me.  This would never be a gun I would use in a self defense scenario.  I have no idea of a DI version shooting suppressed 300BLK subs all the time would have the same problems or not so I have very little to compare to.

Would I buy it again?  Not a chance.  Would I be happier with a DI gun or another manufacturer?  I have no clue.  One day I will find out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a MK109 that I only shoot suppressed and 300BLK subs.  Dirty is about the only word to describe the gun.  I want so badly for this to be my go to gun as it is a nice gun.  However, I can not pick it up and think in my head "this will not malfunction".  Even if cleaning after every range visit, it gets so dirty so fast it is just not a reliable gun for me.  This would never be a gun I would use in a self defense scenario.  I have no idea of a DI version shooting suppressed 300BLK subs all the time would have the same problems or not so I have very little to compare to.

Would I buy it again?  Not a chance.  Would I be happier with a DI gun or another manufacturer?  I have no clue.  One day I will find out.
View Quote
A DI gun, shot suppressed, will choke sooner than a piston gun.

If you want a clean AR, don't shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I own one of their newer 11 inch uppers, use it for work and have never had a problem. I had one of the first 11 inch piston uppers they put out as well and never had any issues with it either, they generally stay clean...and run like trucks

PWS is also good people, always seemed like they were willing to help with any issues, when my stamp gets back next year ill add my suppressor to it
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I love it a gun is not reliable because it gets dirty.....news flash bud you'd better stick to knives. I've put 9000 suppressed rounds cleaned my PWS 3 times, not a single malfunction. Only cleaned it because so much shit was caked on it, it would still run with no cleaning just some lube.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top