Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:54:16 PM EDT
Hello all.

I have been out of the game for a bit, but am planning a new build with (of course) a piston.  However, as I look at all my usual online suppliers, all I see is OUT OF STOCK.

Adams, Osprey, Superlative.  All of them. Osprey is showing in some places as "Discontinued."  What's up?  What have I missed?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Apperantly 50 years of direct impingement has proven itself worthy.....   I do believe the piston "fad" (for lack of a better adjective) is over......
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
JSE Surplus has some AA conversion kits in-stock as of today (5/17/2017).  I bought a carbine kit from them a few weeks back, it's copacetic, brand new factory packaging, no damage, etc.
unfortunately for me, since then, they've dropped the price another $20. oh well.  their pricing on the carbine kits is much deeper discounted than the other lengths (pistol, mid, rifle).  so tempted even though i don't need another one.

as to why others are out of stock?  could be as mentioned above, or demand outpacing supply.

i like the AA piston conversion, have about a half dozen of them.  reliable, no issues, and soooo easy to clean.  don't have to remove the carbon build-up from the inside of the bolt workings.  starting to put them on my 7.62x39 AR's also.

JSE Surplus AA carbine piston kit
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apperantly 50 years of direct impingement has proven itself worthy.....   I do believe the piston "fad" (for lack of a better adjective) is over......
View Quote
You may be right,  here's what surprises me , every gas tube I have removed from my DI rifles over the years (changing barrels, gas blocks etc.) has been filthy......I'm amazed they don't completely clog up and shut down, yet I've never heard of that happening
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may be right,  here's what surprises me , every gas tube I have removed from my DI rifles over the years (changing barrels, gas blocks etc.) has been filthy......I'm amazed they don't completely clog up and shut down, yet I've never heard of that happening
View Quote
Does not happen because the pressure blows the debris through the tube, into the bolt carrier, depositing it, usually, on the bolt around the O-rings.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Whats wrong with supporting the site? Osprey CAR kits are in stock at the ARFCOM store.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top