Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 7:09:25 PM EDT
I just bought an LWRC PSD Upper for my SBR lower. Wow now I know why it is so expensive. First off quality all they way around. Next the gun just runs flawlessly. Cleaning super easy. It makes me wonder other than weight and cost does the US military not go to a piston system over DI. The SEALs use the HK.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to see the cost justification in the details and operation side, isn't it? We would love to see some pictures.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just bought an LWRC PSD Upper for my SBR lower. Wow now I know why it is so expensive. First off quality all they way around. Next the gun just runs flawlessly. Cleaning super easy. It makes me wonder other than weight and cost does the US military not go to a piston system over DI. The SEALs use the HK.
View Quote

One specialized team doesn't mean all of them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Several SMU uses piston but most SF, SEALS, special tactics are running M4 and MK18.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]
piston uppers are great for long runs without cleaning. i have about 2300 thru my IC SPR now without cleaning the, BCG, inner receiver or chamber.... just a little lube every 500 or so and still looks fresh as a daisy.

the new LW piston return springs are supposed to be better too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have LWRC's smaller factory SBR, the UCIW. It is built and runs like a swiss watch. It would hard to imagine a better quality AR and I have many ARs from many maker. Even my LWRC M6-SL, their least expensive rifle, is top notch quality, and better quality than many manufacturers top shelf rifles.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have LWRC's smaller factory SBR, the UCIW. It is built and runs like a swiss watch. It would hard to imagine a better quality AR and I have many ARs from many maker. Even my LWRC M6-SL, their least expensive rifle, is top notch quality, and better quality than many manufacturers top shelf rifles.
View Quote
Their CS is stellar as well. I've been extremely happy with the rifles I've gotten from them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I own many ARs. Factory, my own builds, DI, Piston etc. My LWRCs are absolutely built like Swiss Watches. You can really FEEL the difference. It feels like it is made out of one billet of metal.

Here is the one I have owned longest. It is the smaller UCIW factory SBR. This is one of the first generation ones with the old school looking stock. 22" with stock collapsed, 25" with stock extended. 8" barrel. It is a little Sherman Tank!

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top