Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 9:21:10 PM EDT
Does anyone know why Stag Arms, apparently several years back, discontinued the Model 8HL?  I have one and am unable to get spare parts for it.  I have only fired it a few times, and now it's just a safe queen.  Was there a lack of consumer demand for it?  Any design flaws or endurance problems?  I called their Customer Service; the tech never really gave me an answer.  He did say they can service it, which suggests to me the company is sitting on spare parts (e.g. left-hand bolts and BCGs), but won't sell any spare parts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know why Stag Arms, apparently several years back, discontinued the Model 8HL?  I have one and am unable to get spare parts for it.  I have only fired it a few times, and now it's just a safe queen.  Was there a lack of consumer demand for it?  Any design flaws or endurance problems?  I called their Customer Service; the tech never really gave me an answer.  He did say they can service it, which suggests to me the company is sitting on spare parts (e.g. left-hand bolts and BCGs), but won't sell any spare parts.
View Quote

I would say if the design is similar to the Adams system. You could get away with x amount of part from Adams system.  But this is based on a SWAG.

Try post pics of the Stag parts that you want to get as spares. I am curious how close or unique the parts are in comparison to another company design.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
the stag system was based on the cmmg piston system
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top