Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 9:30:25 PM EDT
I haven't tried to put just a regular folding sight on my upper yet, as the talk was that the front sight was not compatible with a USA rear BUIS.  However there are a few youtube videos that show people with them, like a magpul and a standard carry handle rear.  They don't however seem comment on accuracy, just the over all function of the piston system itself.  Next begs the question, what is the extra front sight post that comes with the upper there for?  So, has anyone tried anything, and to what success?  I am going shooting again this week and plan on using a standard magpul folding rear just to see what happens.    
Anything to share?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I put the front sight that came in the plastic bag on my upper and pre set it a little higher and with a magpul pro sight I only had to go one click down to zero.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I zeroed at 50 yards. I had to put the extra ( bagged ) front site on the zero it. It is sticking up a good ways. Has a slight wobble. It did zero with it. The rifle was accurate and 100% reliable. No stoppages of any kind. I was shooting Radway Green  surplus . Yes I wish I had the correct height rear or Front sight block . WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses.  I went out yesterday, used the taller sight post, and a regular magpul plastic rear.  Sighted in just fine.  I still want the Taiwan made rear.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top