Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2017 2:32:22 PM EDT
Does such a beast exist? Several guys I work with carry this exact rifle at work and we'd like to find a keymod lightweight rail system for said rifle in the 15 inch neighborhood.

Has anyone successfully mated a rail to this piston gun and got pictures they would share?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Mono-forge uppers, proprietary design, so at the moment, no.

Rumors from the factory about a possible M-Lok replacement one day, they now offer them for their DI rifles.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The longer I own my LWRC REPR the less impressed I am with them as a company. Complete inability to innovate, total lack of ingenuity, inability to even keep up with the market. They are literally YEARS behind everyone else. Advanced Combat Bolt? No. Keymod? No. MLOK? No. WTF is 6.8? Where is the light attachment that lets you remove the handguard top? The REPR is a FANTASTIC firearm, and they've squandered it for years. Painting it different colors, putting in different triggers, and shortening the barrel isn't even innovation, it's just marketing!

Instead it looks like they were trying like hell to get out from under Paul Leitner-Wise's barrel nut design.  The damn Chinese can pump out MLOK and Keymod handguards faster than LWRC. All of their special editions are the same flavor ice cream, just different toppings. Some have sprinkles, some have nuts, and some have both.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The longer I own my LWRC REPR the less impressed I am with them as a company. Complete inability to innovate, total lack of ingenuity, inability to even keep up with the market. They are literally YEARS behind everyone else. Advanced Combat Bolt? No. Keymod? No. MLOK? No. WTF is 6.8? Where is the light attachment that lets you remove the handguard top? The REPR is a FANTASTIC firearm, and they've squandered it for years. Painting it different colors, putting in different triggers, and shortening the barrel isn't even innovation, it's just marketing!

Instead it looks like they were trying like hell to get out from under Paul Leitner-Wise's barrel nut design.  The damn Chinese can pump out MLOK and Keymod handguards faster than LWRC. All of their special editions are the same flavor ice cream, just different toppings. Some have sprinkles, some have nuts, and some have both.
View Quote
Hmm.

Idk I'm okay with this one brah?

This is the M6IC-DI
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does such a beast exist? Several guys I work with carry this exact rifle at work and we'd like to find a keymod lightweight rail system for said rifle in the 15 inch neighborhood.

Has anyone successfully mated a rail to this piston gun and got pictures they would share?
View Quote

The PWS Mk114/116 Mod 2 is what you seek
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hmm.

Idk I'm okay with this one brah?

This is the M6IC-DI
http://www.yorkfirearms.com/image/cache/data/mess-of-pics/lwrc-di-ICDIR5B16-4-600x600.jpg
View Quote
Still uses their proprietary direct attach system. They DO offer an MLOK replacement for that, now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried to love the MANY LWRC M6IC I've owned, but could not do so.

They're unreliable with underpowered ammo, and I could never get use to the nose heavy weight.

I sold them all, and went back to BCM & Colt DI.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They're unreliable with underpowered ammo, and I could never get use to the nose heavy weight.

View Quote
How many? I've bought four, still own two, probably never sell them. They have all been rock solid shooters with anything I've fed them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you contact them? I have a ic spr and normally shoot under powered ammo and have never had a issue.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
He's making some outrageous claims.........
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got an M6 SBR which won't run on any .223, but will run on 5.56. It's cool looking, but not something I'd grab to defend my life.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got an M6 SBR which won't run on any .223, but will run on 5.56. It's cool looking, but not something I'd grab to defend my life.
View Quote
Contact their CS Dept. they will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I was looking on their instagram earlier and they had pictures of one with a mlok rail so it is coming.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#13]
It's available on their DI rifles now.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was looking on their instagram earlier and they had pictures of one with a mlok rail so it is coming.
View Quote
As Dogpile stated, it's their DI rail and isn't planned for their piston setups. There is talk that they might look into a MLok piston rail bit it would no longer have the ability to remove the top rail section for easy access to the piston system.

Even that is a bit of the ways off, if it is made.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I put the samson evo keymod rail on my M6. I actually shaved down the front sight post.

Before

After

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Photobucket killed third party posting months ago. You need to find a new photo hosting service or upgrade to a Gold membership here and have storage on arfcom.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top