Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2017 8:02:03 PM EDT
I'm using the aero precision enhanced upper and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the Adams arms xlp piston system works with the aero precision enhanced uppers?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I've read somewhere that it is not compatible.  But, with most AR parts, I'm sure with some modifications you can make it work.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the superlative arms piston will work with it, their piston measures 11/64 on my cheap calipers.  I just measured my AA piston and it too measured 11/64.  I am not saying it can work, but those are the measurements I took.  Do with it what you will.

ETA:
My AA system is the standard setup, not sure if the XLP system is any different.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It is my understanding that an AA kit will not work on the Aero Precision enhanced upper due to the barrel nut and design of the upper.  The AA bushing doesn't sit against the upper correctly like it would against a standard barrel nut.  I just went through a nut roll trying to find a barrel nut the will work with an Aeroprecision hand guard that I have.  Ended up with a Seekins MCSR barrel nut that they machined a spot for the AA bushing.  I guess it was a limited run from Seekins, but I ended up getting a couple from them.  That bushing and spring on the Adam's kits creates an issue with many hand guards and barrel nuts out there.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top