Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2016 11:00:01 PM EDT
Is the operating rod (the one with the spring) sitting directly on the bolt carrier?
When I move the operating rod rearward, if feels like there is a slight gap between the BCG and the rod...
Is this normal?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has a very very slight amount of movement.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man!
I was a little nervous, I had thought that the op rod sat on the BCG.
So the BCG isn't really pushed by the rod, but its hit by it....
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks man!
I was a little nervous, I had thought that the op rod sat on the BCG.
So the BCG isn't really pushed by the rod, but its hit by it....
View Quote

Correct.  Short stroke pistons strike the key face and long stroke pistons push/move the carrier.  I can observe the same movement on AA and superlative piston setups, that small movement is specified in the installation instructions.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
my M6A3 and IC both have a tiny movement. just listen for the rod moving when you tip in front to rear. thats a collapsed spring. my M6 uppers have chewed up springs thru the years. if you have an M6, buy some extra springs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
[Some do some don't..lwrc QC is good but not the best.    Op rod Springs suck.....pws is the way  to go !
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[Some do some don't..lwrc QC is good but not the best.    Op rod Springs suck.....pws is the way  to go !
View Quote

Ignore this troll OP. The design is intended to have that gap, as the system is tap based and not push. Shoot the crap out of your LWRC and enjoy it.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top