Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2016 6:06:41 PM EDT
Getting ready to build my first ar and thought I would try a piston upper.

I have an opportunity to buy a huldra 14.5 evo slank upper brand new in box. I know they are built by Adams arms. It' seems that Fleet farms stores were the sole distributors and no longer deal with them or huldra has gone out of business.

What are your opinions on this upper and what would you consider a fair price?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Getting ready to build my first ar and thought I would try a piston upper.

I have an opportunity to buy a huldra 14.5 evo slank upper brand new in box. I know they are built by Adams arms. It' seems that Fleet farms stores were the sole distributors and no longer deal with them or huldra has gone out of business.

What are your opinions on this upper and what would you consider a fair price?
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_126/676820_Problems_with_Adams_Arms_AR_15.html#i6893913
Links to general thoughts and reviews of my Slank at the bottom of this ^^^ post.

Huldra was FF's private label line of rebranded AA products.
Price is hard to say. FF liquidated the Huldra line not too long ago. Anywhere between $700-800 is a fair offer at this point in my opinion. $600 as an opening offer if you sense the buyer is desperate to sell.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used several of the Huldra uppers and they all need a good cleaning and lube before first firing.  Most have been packed away for a few years and the packing lube needs to be removed.  Once lubed, they function flawlessly on good brass cased ammo.  I can't say how they function with steel as I've never used it.  They are easier to clean because very little gas gets back to the BCG.  Accuracy is every bit as good as a DI gun, if not better.  

That said, I've got a complete Huldra Tactical Evo 14.5" rifle available, brand new never fired, that I'd like to sell.  Message me for details if interested.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top