Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2016 2:52:37 PM EDT
I was cleaning my stag removing the bolt and op rod I had to push the detent which has not popped back out. Any suggestion short of replacing the gas block ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you shoot some lube down the detent then give it a love tap?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah but maybe I didn't let it soak enough . I'll give it another try.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I would use a degreaser like alcohol. Could be that you use to much lube in that area and you have "mud"?  I have the model 8 and all that I do is use a brass brush to scrape the carbon off of the gas block flat , pull the piston , spray it  with rem oil, brush it with the brass brush, wipe down and the spring and reassemble every time that i shoot. 5k rounds so far without issues .  The bolt assembly is cleaned along with every thing else every other time i shoot although it really does not need it.  Gas piston guns are great.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a brass brush and Break free to clean the op rod ,spring and gas block. I wonder if I pushed the detent to far? I originally had to free it with a love tap and punch now the detent wont come back up. How hard can I hit the gas block and try to free the detent. Any carrier tilt issues with your stag piston? I have slight cant but I have owned the gun for several years never an issue. I think I'm going to finally install a H2 Buffer and a Wolf Spring from Heavy Buffer about $115 OTD.

Edit: Called Stag they said "send it in its a lifetime warranty"
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
triclorethyleen solvent should penetrate the carbon. If not, stags are warrantied for life, no questions asked
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would use a degreaser like alcohol. Could be that you use to much lube in that area and you have "mud"?  I have the model 8 and all that I do is use a brass brush to scrape the carbon off of the gas block flat , pull the piston , spray it  with rem oil, brush it with the brass brush, wipe down and the spring and reassemble every time that i shoot. 5k rounds so far without issues .  The bolt assembly is cleaned along with every thing else every other time i shoot although it really does not need it.  Gas piston guns are great.
View Quote

I use the same cleaning method on my Model 8
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Follow-up

Stag replaced the gas block remember the detent didn't spring back. Great customer service I just wish they would move to a free state.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top