Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2016 1:36:49 PM EDT
I had been wanting to purchase one of these ever since I heard of Adams Arms. I was already an owner of a piston AR. I had previously purchased a Stag Arms Model 8 Gas Piston back in 2012. Although I am pretty happy with it, the piston system on the Adams Arms is superior in my opinion.

Today was the first time I fired the pistol. I only was able to fire 40 rounds through it as of today. I am both happy, and relieved to say that I experienced zero malfunctions. After seeing some of the problems some people were having with their Adams Arms rifles, I was a bit apprehensive after I had purchased it. I hope to fire even more rounds through it to test it further in the very near future. As a side note, I am using Break Free CLP as my lube of choice, and I lubed the pistol before heading to the range today.

One thing I am not 100% happy with, is the fact that the gas block sits very slightly lower that the rail. For me it matters very little, because I am running the polymer Magpul BUIS, and putting the front sight on the gas block was not an option anyway. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase. I will report any issues I may or may not have in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
OP,  Glad to hear that you are currently satisfied with your AA Pistol. The Evo rails are notorious for riding up in the front of the rail. This is why the block is appearing lower than the rail. You can readjust the rail and get to sit lower or equal to the block. If you ever need anything, or have any warranty needs, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cody
Adams Arms
Customer Service Manager
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh wow. Thanks for the information. I appreciate the fact that you monitor these conversations in the attempt to better the experience of your customers. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Cody is on point!  I love my adams arms products and have had great service from them when I needed it.  

11.5 and 14.5 still in the safe and looking to add a 7.5 pistol

Cheers,
B
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
So far I have put 160 rounds through it. At this point, still no failures of any type. I am mostly shooting American Eagle .223 55 grain. Again, I am using Break Free CLP as my lube of choice. So far, I would suggest to anyone who is in the market for a Piston AR-15, to go with Adams Arms.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback and information! Good to hear.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an AA 11.5 upper sitting on my Larue lower.  It has Magpul metal sights & I swapped my Aimpoint PRO for a TruGlo RDS.  This gun runs like a top suppressed with my 5.56 Specwar or without the suppressor. I am very pleased with Adams Arms & their customer service!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top