Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2016 12:25:34 PM EDT
Hello guys,

I would like some informations about the PWS MK116 MOD2 barrel, since I can't find it anywhere else (and PWS customer service didn't want to answer me !).
What are the different outer diameters of its barrel (before the gas block and after it) ?
I'm sure one of you already measured it with a caliper.
If you have the MOD1 measurements I'll take them too ;)

Thanks !
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Six months ago, PWS would have answered that question in a couple hours via email....or in real time had you called directly.  That is what made me such a die hard fan.  However, based on my similar experience recently, they have apparently abandoned direct customer support for an automated ticket system.  Having used the new system, I have to give them credit for excellent communication.  Nonetheless, I only became aware of the new system after an unreturned voicemail and email about the issue I was having.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What you need to find out is why did they go backwards ? Shorter handgaurd, and 3 position gas block instead of 4 ???
Not to mention no more flip up sights. Seems like to me they are going back 5 years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Indeed there are several things I don't get concerning there MOD 2.
You mentioned the gaz block adjustments (in one of their vids I heard that it makes it easier for them that way not joking, he really said it) and the lack of sights. Same thing with the forward assist.
But well, I still would like to know those measurements just to make my opinion on this rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top