Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2016 2:28:18 AM EDT
Update - I received the rifle back from the factory and the rail is now centered and they returned the rear sight to center.  Unfortunately, I had to move it way left again to get back on paper.  I also had numerous double feeds and the bolt almost never locked back on the last shot.  Very disappointing after going back to the shop.  3 times out and 3 times this rifle has let me down.  I brought my Noveske and swapped uppers.  The LWRC lower worked great with the Noveske upper and the Noveske lower chocked with the LWRC upper.  I sent another email and will let you know what happens.

Here's hoping someone can help me out.  So far I am very disappointed in my LWRC M6A2 UCIW.  Today was my second range trip, and more trouble.  The first trip consisted of several failures to fire and failures to lock the bolt back on the last round fired.  I tested it with wolf and a 20 round PMAG, so I chalked it up to crappy ammo.

Today I had more issues.  First, the CAA folding grip broke. The screw came loose under recoil, backed out, and the folding grip is worthless.  Why put such a poorly made grip on such an expensive rifle?  I bought the updated LWRC version via the web site today Here's hoping it holds up better.

My second issue is with sighting the rifle in.  The rear sight is pushed way too far left for my liking.  It is about two thirds of the way to the left.  I have several other AR's and none of them are this far out. See the photo below.

This may be caused by the rail not being perfectly centered at the receiver.  It isn't off that much, but it isn't perfect either.

Lastly, the bolt still doesn't lock back every time. Today, I used a Colt 20 round mag and Hornady ammo.  My Noveske rifle had no issues with the mag or ammo.  It also held the bolt back on an empty mag every time.  The LWRC has improved the bolt hold open from the 50% at the first range trip to 75% this trip.  While this is an improvement, I expect better from a rifle in this price range.

If I decide to send the rifle back to the factory, how do I do that with an SBR?

Any suggestions on how to remedy the sights or the "bolt hold open" issues? Talk me down from the ledge Arfcom.  Thanks for the help.

Live_Free
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
First step:  post this on LWRC's Forum.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact LWRC if your having issues.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The rear sight my LWRC SPR looks like your's, maybe a little further left. It bothered me at first, but the gun is very accurate so I just accepted it. None of my other rifles are like this. I have seen this from other companies as well. The general conscensous is if it zeros like that you are fine.

The wired thing is I took an Aimpoint M3 that was zeroed to another rifle and mounted it to my LWRC, it was dead on  at 100 yards with only a few clicks of windage. My theory on the rear sight issue is either the rear sight or the rail is off due to how it is set up for removal. It could be a combination of both. I never cared for how LWRC designed the rail to be removed for access to the piston.

The Aimpoint is my main sight now so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Can't help you on the other issues. Mine locks open on all my mags, but I have never tried it with Wolf. I only shoot brass 55 and 62 grains.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Update: I sent the gun back to LWRCi.  I'll let you guys know if they get it fixed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update: I sent the gun back to LWRCi.  I'll let you guys know if , when they get it fixed.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Update 2: I got the gun back with the rail centered. I'll get it out to the range this weekend to see if the bolt holds back.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top