Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2016 3:38:28 PM EDT
I bought this kit several years ago and have had zero problems with it.  Most recently I transferred the kit to an 11.5" barrel with a 5.5" flash hider.  I expected it to perhaps short stroke and not lock back on the last round due to the reduced dwell time with the short barrel.  Not so....it functioned perfectly for 150 rounds of three different handloads.

Not sure why there is no love for this kit.  It does work nicely.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly, they had issues with the retaining pin to sear off during operations.

I other problem was rail compatibility selection.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, they had issues with the retaining pin to sear off during operations.

I other problem was rail compatibility selection.
View Quote

The retaining pin was only an issue when used w/o the HG cap, and a spring was used to load the assembly in the gas block. FF rails systems need some xtra machining to clear. I've still got mine. It works. In general maintenance is similar to the LWRC system. I use an LW rail with the removable top half to clean mine. Needed a bunch of dremmel work to make it go but it does. I prefer the Bushmaster mod that added a clamp, but all in all a good retrofit kit.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top