Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2016 8:41:59 AM EDT
Does anyone know when PWS will start shipping the Mod 2 to dealers for non-NFA configurations? I would love to get my hands on one.

Harbinger
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think around June.

On OmahaOutdoors, it says the estimated ship date is 6/22/16.

I'm waiting for the MOD 2 MK107 upper, myself
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess that will give me a little more time to save up for it.  I am hoping the price will be under the $2,000 mark.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't wait. Any update on shipping dates for the complete 14.5?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I am having a hard time being patient too.  Going to get the Mk116mod2 as soon as I see it for sale.  

I will be sure to post a bunch of photos.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
So are they shipping these or did the backlash result in them abandoning the mod?  My local PWS dealer hasn't had one and is silent on when to expect, other than to gripe about the mod.  

I was rather impressed, even though the price increase was a bit of an issue.  But nobody has them for sale in any volume for what I can tell.  I would think they would want to hurry up given that November is right around the corner.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It's like all shot show releases. Won't see very many for 2 years.

Prepper gun shop had one for $2050. That's too much in my opinion. They should have kept the mod 1 and just released some new rails for it. Like M-lock. I think they made a big mistake. 2 grand for a 5.56 rifle is not going to sale good. DD are high and they are only $1500. Why pay another $500 ? But, what the hell do I know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen only a complete uppers available
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably not as much interest because a lot of people feel as though it's a step backwards as opposed to the Mod 1.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Who's going to pay $2050 for one ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who's going to pay $2050 for one ?
View Quote

Not me.... AND PWS has been my go-to for years.

No FA?  Less gas adjustment?  Shorter rails?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree. I love my mk116. Big Pws fan. But don't like what they have done. Mainly prices
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#12]
PWS has one of the best AR piston systems on the market.  I have only 2 real issues with them.

#1: ZOMG PRICE!  
Even just the uppers run over $1300 for the Mk1 Mod2 18" barrels.  That's in-freakin-sane.  I can put 2 beautiful DI guns together for that price, and that doesn't even include the lower receiver.

#2: I... HATE...T...CHARGERS...!!!  
I hate the T charging handle.  I wish they'd give you a side charging option, or have a conversion option like Black Rifle Arms does.  It's awkward to reach and work from the shooting position.  It's fugly.  It's awkward just to work in and out of the gun to clean.  Get rid of plox.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#13]
You're right. Hell, BCM uppers go for $650. They are going to price themselves out of the market.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Ever since they got Into the glock slide and barrels something has happened to the company, my emails never get returned or my phone messages .  I've been trying to find out if it's true they switched to Faxon barrel blanks.  I know they had problems with the Zev triggers and we're sending some of the new mod 2 out with BCM mil spec triggers.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a shame they lost focus on their core business.  I personally see little value in a glock slide from any company.  I don't like glocks and putting a expensive slide on a POS lower makes no sense to me. For that kind of money, I would buy an H&K, some extra mags and still have money left over for ammo and a holster.  

Anyway, the big marketing push they had around shot show seems to have been a major mistake.  I can imagine they feel the pressure to have something new every year, but shooting yourself in the foot when the political climate is the way it is right now was a major FUBAR. I hope they make it through the next year....
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's a shame they lost focus on their core business.  I personally see little value in a glock slide from any company.  I don't like glocks and putting a expensive slide on a POS lower makes no sense to me. For that kind of money, I would buy an H&K, some extra mags and still have money left over for ammo and a holster.  

Anyway, the big marketing push they had around shot show seems to have been a major mistake.  I can imagine they feel the pressure to have something new every year, but shooting yourself in the foot when the political climate is the way it is right now was a major FUBAR. I hope they make it through the next year....
View Quote

Someone should tell the British MoD and some of our SOCOM units that Glocks are a POS.  I guess they were under the impression that they are some of the most proven duty handguns in the world with a solid 30+ year track record of performance.

Hell... I don't even particularly like Glocks, but a POS they're not.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#17]
A rep told me the shorter handgaurds and sights allow them to be price competitive in the market. What ??? Saving 3" inches is a big cost savings ? I told him, no one wants a shorter rail and no sights. I hate to say it, but what you said about lack of production and new $2100 mod 2 rifles in this political mess was a huge screw up.

Prepper gun shop has had one for 3 months and can't sell it. Wonder why ? Everyone is stocking up on stripped lowers and uppers.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]
PWS is effin awesome! Can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#19]
PWS marketing has always been terrible.  The new guns are goofy looking and are definitely a step back.  Pricing doesn't look to be that different than previous models, but I'll be sticking with my MOD 0 and MOD 1 guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't mind what they did with the Mod 2. But they shouldn't have stopped the Mod 1. Keep the Mod 1 and make some more rail options and keep the Mod 2.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#21]
They did keep the mod 1 ...called the p.  modle now.  They didn't shorten the rail  13 and 15 available  for the new mod 2
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Apparently I'm the only one who thinks the new rifles are a leap forward.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with you.  I think most people are hung up on the price.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not unfair. I'd get one if they were MLOK.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Someone should tell the British MoD and some of our SOCOM units that Glocks are a POS.  I guess they were under the impression that they are some of the most proven duty handguns in the world with a solid 30+ year track record of performance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  I suppose the Glock works just fine for their application.  Branding them a POS is a little uncalled for.  Its all relative I suppose.  They would be significantly better equipped with H&K or FNH IMHO.  You don't see anyone making slides for them because it is not needed.  But what do I know, other than comparing the quality of the build on the poly lowers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#26]
LOL
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good point.  I suppose the Glock works just fine for their application.  Branding them a POS is a little uncalled for.  Its all relative I suppose.  They would be significantly better equipped with H&K or FNH IMHO.  You don't see anyone making slides for them because it is not needed.  But what do I know, other than comparing the quality of the build on the poly lowers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a military application, how exactly is an FN or HK going to perform "better"?

Obviously, if you're saying this there has to be a reason, and some verifiable metric by which to base that opinion on.

So.... Show me the data.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Any updates?  And did PWS abandon 300 blackout??
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I love my Mod 2 also I would put it up against any other piston gun all day long. As far as price goes your right you could buy 2 DI guns for that price but still cheaper than KAC,LWRC,POF and just as good if not better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Any updates?  And did PWS abandon 300 blackout??
View Quote
300 Blackout is still offered but only in an 11" barrel. I read somewhere that they determined this was the optimal length for 300 Blackout.

They offer a MK111 MOD 1-P pistol and an MK111 MOD 2 pistol.

MK11 MOD 1-P Pistol

MK111 MOD 2 pistol
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#31]
It seems the gas plug/selector from the Mod 1 fits just fine in the Mod 2
So much for the gas position drawbacks
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top