Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2016 7:29:42 PM EDT
I finally decided to try a piston build.  After a lot of thought and going back and forth I finally decided on a Superlative Arms piston kit around a Lanco Tactical receiver set.  I also decided on a RA/Fortis Switch rail for ease of piston cleaning.  Barrel is a Voodoo 14.5" middy with pinned manimal flash hider.  The piston block barely fit under the rail...but it fit.

Up to this point it has only been test fired at the wide open position.  Looking forward to a range trip.

One question...would you even bother putting BUS on a rifle with a switch rail...seems your return to zero would be garbage.

Here is the kit I used.
http://suparms.com/collections/retrofit-piston-kits/products/750-adjustable-piston-system-mid-length-clamp-on-melonited-low-pro-ar15

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. I just took my suparms kit out this last weekend and it worked great! If you have any questions about tuning in the gas block before you get to the range let me know.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
How you liking the mepro?  I have one and on the brighter settings there appear to be almost a horizon and a halo around the main dot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How you liking the mepro?  I have one and on the brighter settings there appear to be almost a horizon and a halo around the main dot.
View Quote

I love mine.  I think it is on par with my Aimpoint PRO.  I agree that the higher settings are too bright unless in direct sunlight.  I would rather of had one more low setting.  All in all, though, it is a minor gripe.  It just works.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My range report is going to have to wait.  I went back and started messing with it because I did not have the gas bock aligned how I wanted it.  When I torqued the screw on the clamp I broke one of them.  

The good news is that Tony at Superlative arms is going to remove the screw and put a new on in for me if I ship the block back to ensure I don't damage the gas block.  I called him to see if I could get a new screw and he offered to fix the issue for me at no cost.  Customer service at Superlative Arms is definitely above and beyond.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top