BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2016 5:59:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well, it sure as shit does fit!!! Very easy install. This is the kit I ordered. Very happy with everything so far. Unfortunately I can't do a range report until April because I'm still waiting on my stamp but I do have a buddy with a registered lower that I might go with. I'm too lazy and not impatient enough to make a pistol lower first.

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_161913_zpskkoaajw7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_161913_zpskkoaajw7.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_162006_zpseu22hzee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_162006_zpseu22hzee.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's pretty sexy. I'm currently building once and it's slated to be under 5 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW ...it's a tight fit, but it fits.

Waiting to heard back from Tony if it will fit under my LaRue rail. If it does, I'm buy one.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I was going to build a DI upper with an Mk8 rail. I might give this piston system a try.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, it sure as shit does fit!!! Very easy install. This is the kit I ordered. Very happy with everything so far. Unfortunately I can't do a range report until April because I'm still waiting on my stamp but I do have a buddy with a registered lower that I might go with. I'm too lazy and not impatient enough to make a pistol lower first.

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_161913_zpskkoaajw7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_161913_zpskkoaajw7.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_162006_zpseu22hzee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20160130_162006_zpseu22hzee.jpg</a>
View Quote

looks great!  Let us know how it shoots when you get the opportunity!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good! Hopefully your buddy will allow you to mate it up with his lower for an afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that the clamp on?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that the clamp on?

Yea.

It's so tight. Were you able to fit it under without the block touching the rail?

And how's the kmr finish?  Everyone says it scratches easily.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There is 360 degree clearance. Not much but it does clear. I'd say the closest point is those screws. The finish seems to be fine. The upper has clanked around against my other rifles in the safe and no marks yet (I keep pulling it out to stare at it and hold it). I have the original KMR not the Alpha. It seems they have discontinued the original, but I don't know for sure. Even if it does scratch I don't really care. It adds character. Let me tell you that this rail just feels good in your hand. Really good. I have a feeling my stable will have a few of these in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that the clamp on?

Yea.

It's so tight. Were you able to fit it under without the block touching the rail?

And how's the kmr finish?  Everyone says it scratches easily.

There is 360 degree clearance. Not much but it does clear. I'd say the closest point is those screws. The finish seems to be fine. The upper has clanked around against my other rifles in the safe and no marks yet (I keep pulling it out to stare at it and hold it). I have the original KMR not the Alpha. It seems they have discontinued the original, but I don't know for sure. Even if it does scratch I don't really care. It adds character. Let me tell you that this rail just feels good in your hand. Really good. I have a feeling my stable will have a few of these in the future.

They still have the original. As I bought it on amazon from BCM.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I did actually lol. This website won't let my avatar be a clown though. What kind of bs is that?

I've weighed almost all my parts. Looks like my 14.5 pinned will weigh roughly 4.5 lbs with the piston kit after its finished.

My AA weighs over 8 lbs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Keith, you're replacing your Adams Arms rifle if I'm correct. I had a question about the Adams Arms Bolt Carrier vs Superlative arms. The question is, if you replace the Sup BCG with the Adams Arms BCG on your Sup upper, is there enough room between the aa carrier strike plate and the piston rod? Or are they touching?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't really know. I would think that there wouldn't be enough room since the Suparms key is recessed. I can check but not right now.

ETA: And I'm not replacing my other rifle. I was kicking around the idea of selling it just so I could build another rifle to keep me busy. But I just might keep it. It's not an AA rifle, just the retrofit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keith, you're replacing your Adams Arms rifle if I'm correct. I had a question about the Adams Arms Bolt Carrier vs Superlative arms. The question is, if you replace the Sup BCG with the Adams Arms BCG on your Sup upper, is there enough room between the aa carrier strike plate and the piston rod? Or are they touching?

Don't really know. I would think that there wouldn't be enough room since the Suparms key is recessed. I can check but not right now.

ETA: And I'm not replacing my other rifle. I was kicking around the idea of selling it just so I could build another rifle to keep me busy. But I just might keep it. It's not an AA rifle, just the retrofit.

How much room is there between the suparms key and piston rod?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dunno, can't really see in there. Probably not much considering you push the carrier forward during install which in turn bumps the block forward a hair. So fractions of an inch I would guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno, can't really see in there. Probably not much considering you push the carrier forward during install which in turn bumps the block forward a hair. So fractions of an inch I would guess.

The biggest issue I see with trying to use an AA BCG in a SupArms or Syrac kit is that the 'Tombstone" does not have a dimple in it to center the piston rod.  This will cause three issues IMHO.  The first is you will be pushing the gas block that much further (Depth of Dimple) forward.  The second is there is nothing to support and center the end of the piston rod when it interacts with the carrier.  The third is the amount of hammering forces that will be applied to the rounded end of the piston rod.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The biggest issue I see with trying to use an AA BCG in a SupArms or Syrac kit is that the 'Tombstone" does not have a dimple in it to center the piston rod.  This will cause three issues IMHO.  The first is you will be pushing the gas block that much further (Depth of Dimple) forward.  The second is there is nothing to support and center the end of the piston rod when it interacts with the carrier.  The third is the amount of hammering forces that will be applied to the rounded end of the piston rod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gas piston bushing and heavier sprigs fixes those issues. And an anti tilt buffer tube helps.

Just want to know if it's possible from someone who has both.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok here it is. The first pic is the Superlative kit with it's own carrier.

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160207_214949_zps58dy8e2x.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20160207_214949_zps58dy8e2x.jpg</a>

This second pic is the Superlative gas block and rod with the AA carrier. It will not work.

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160207_214351_zpsaygmkrk4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20160207_214351_zpsaygmkrk4.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thank you Keith
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top