Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2016 11:34:20 AM EDT
Just ordered a pair of LWRC M6A2 16" uppers. I want to put one on a A2 lower. It comes with a buffer and spring, and I am assuming all I have to do is swap a rifle length buffer spring, Correct? I have built DI and Adams piston guns using VLTOR A5 recoil systems, no experience with LWRC and mixing/matching.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldnt be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Not an issue. I run an LWRC M6A2 SPR upper on an old DPMS lower with a Magpul UBR at work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't think there's anything super special about the spring, the buffer should be an H2.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just ordered a pair of LWRC M6A2 16" uppers. I want to put one on a A2 lower. It comes with a buffer and spring, and I am assuming all I have to do is swap a rifle length buffer spring, Correct? I have built DI and Adams piston guns using VLTOR A5 recoil systems, no experience with LWRC and mixing/matching.
View Quote

An LWRC M6A2 should run very well with a rifle receiver extension, rifle spring, and rifle buffer. Do not use the H2 buffer and carbine spring in any receiver extension other than the carbine length, unless you use a correctly sized spacer to make the internal length the same as a carbine receiver extension. Using the carbine sized H2 buffer without a spacer in a rifle receiver extension would mean the buffer not limiting bolt carrier travel, and possibly the bolt carrier slamming into the top of the lower receiver, and/or the charging handle.

I believe the complete Vltor A5 system (A5 receiver extension, A5 buffer, and rifle spring) would work well with LWRC uppers. You might have to experiment with the best weight A5 buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top