Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2015 9:16:19 PM EDT
I have read somewhere that foaming bore cleaner should not be used in a piston AR.  I asked Cody at Adams Arms if this was true and he checked around and can not find any information to that effect. He did say to make sure any of the cleaner was removed from the piston and rod.
 Was wondering if anyone out there had real info on any problems with this.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I use it on my LMT and LWRCs (2) plus my AKs.

If it's doing anything bad, I can't tell.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, do you remove the piston/plug/rod before using the foam.  If something different, how do you do it?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have found that if the foam gets into the piston tube (on my PWS), there can be a build up of residue that gums up the piston.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have found that if the foam gets into the piston tube (on my PWS), there can be a build up of residue that gums up the piston.
View Quote

Same here.... I flush mine with Kroil and it cleans it out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
been using foaming bore cleaner on my LWRC 5.56, POF 5.56 and .308 with no problems over a few years and several foamings per year. I do also take the pistons out and clean them as well, so if there was any buildup in the piston systems, I would see it.

I used to use the breakfree foam, but now use the stuff from gunslick
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there any cleaner that can remove the copper residue from the gas plug on an AA without harming the melonite coating?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top