Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2015 8:47:23 PM EDT
Do any of the fellow members have the LWRC PSD 8.5" 5.56 pistol?  If so, how has the performance and reliability of the pistol been?  Any regrets purchasing?

It appears that purchasing this pistol is ~$600 premium over building a high quality gas pistol.  I'm curious if it's worth the extra $ for a complete factory pistol with a piston system as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, but I haven't shot it yet. I have 4-1/2 other LWRC rifles that run flawless. Once I picked up and tried the ambidextrous lower I replaced all my rifles with LWRC's. I really like the cleanliness of the piston system when shooting suppressed. Buy with confidence that LWRC has amazing customer service if you had to use it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
My shooting buddy has one, loud sonobitch, but it runs like a fine clock.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
May not help much, but I had one in 6.8 SPC and it was an incredible gun, especially suppressed! Never missed a beat, relatively soft shooting considering the size and weight, and if the guy next to you is making you mad, drop a few rounds unsuppressed next to him and he will leave you alone for a while
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased a new LWRC M6-G at Shoot Straight in Fl.  I was going to buy Rerpr but at 1000.00 I thought this too good to pass up?  Decent gun?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
my PSD in 5.56 runs fine, never had an issue with it suppressed or unsuppressed, i dont shoot it as much  anymore, i enjoy shooting my 10.5 more, but never had an issue with the PSD.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have the pistol version but, I have had the factory SBR since 2009ish and it hasn't had a single malfunction to date. Obviously the only difference between the two being one has a stock and the other does not.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
my 8" runs like a clock. It feeds anything and accuracy ismore than acceptable for an 8" AR. hundred yard groups are under 3" when shooting off a bench with a red dot. If I was going to put a scope on it, I would not be surprised to see groups half that.

Buy it, shoot it, love it...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a LWRC PSD 8.5" (M6-G) upper on one of my guns and I have over 10,000 rounds through it. The only problems I have had with it is running 55gr Wolf, it just doesnt have enough power to run it. Besides that it runs like a top.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Did a couple mag dumps through one a few days ago on an mg lower, with a Saker.  Ran awesome.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top