Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2015 7:34:31 PM EDT
For those of you that have one, how do you like it?

At one time, I had both an LWRCi M6A1 and M6A3 rifle, but sold them off because they were fairly heavy and not quite what I was looking for.  Now that the new IC enhanced is more readily available, I am  taking another look because of the features it offers.

I like the adjustable gas block on the enhanced version vs the SPR and the spiral fluted barrel appears to really help with weight reduction.  I would prefer the 14.7" version, but I plan to run it suppressed a lot and  would rather not have the muzzle device pinned in place.

Does anyone know if you can buy the upper by itself without the muzzle device  permanently attached? I have an SBR lower that I think would work perfect....albeit not ambi
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the IC SPR.  Absolutely love it.  Its a 14.5.  Handles extremely well and the ambi lower is awesome.   I would defiantly recommend it.  It is slightly on the heavy side compared to a DI gun but its not so much as to stop me from using it over my other DI guns.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For those of you that have one, how do you like it?

At one time, I had both an LWRCi M6A1 and M6A3 rifle, but sold them off because they were fairly heavy and not quite what I was looking for.  Now that the new IC enhanced is more readily available, I am  taking another look because of the features it offers.

I like the adjustable gas block on the enhanced version vs the SPR and the spiral fluted barrel appears to really help with weight reduction.  I would prefer the 14.7" version, but I plan to run it suppressed a lot and  would rather not have the muzzle device pinned in place.

Does anyone know if you can buy the upper by itself without the muzzle device  permanently attached? I have an SBR lower that I think would work perfect....albeit not ambi
View Quote

I believe for it to be legal, the muzzle device has to be pinned with a 14.7" barrel, even though you are changing the factory muzzle device out.  You may want to consider calling Modern Outfitters and buying the upper from them with the muzzle device/flash hider/suppressor mount of your choice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If you purchase the IC-E upper through LWRCs webstore, before August 31st, you get a free Aimpoint. Same deal as for the full rifle. Just posting, since it seems you're interested in finding one to pick up. You may be able to call them and inform them of your SBR lower and get them to ship a 14.7 without pin/weld, not sure though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of the Original 500 IC's which later became the IC-E. I effing love it. I have put thousands of rounds through it. I would recommend it absolutely.
It even got some air time a few years back for our PIg FDT-A Touch glove ad.

SOS
View Quote

I have one also, love it, won't part with it.  Everyone who shoots it has the same reaction.....It's usually "Very Nice", "Holy Sh*t", "Nice & light", etc...
A buddy of mine in Virginia has one and loves it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine.

Ex-wife gave it as a Christmas present a few years ago. She tried to get it back in the divorce, nuh-uh bitch
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love mine.

Ex-wife gave it as a Christmas present a few years ago. She tried to get it back in the divorce, nuh-uh bitch
View Quote

Hopefully Mike will come save your limp frail body after your piston gun spontaneously lights your house on fire.  After wading through your my little Pony collection of course.

The LWRC's are supposed to pretty nice OP. I haven't used one though
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me throw my 2 cents in, I had kept notes from when I first got it 2 years ago and here's what I wrote:

Pros:
Chamber size, barrel twist rate, trigger guard, small diameter rail, forged upper and lower, ambi controls (safety, bolt hold, mag release AND charging handle), spiral barrel, light weight and what feels like a low moment of inertia i.e. it's easy to change directions with it, MOE grip, LWRC SOPMOD-like stock, included BUIS, fit and finish, nickel Teflon FCG.  It's a little front heavy, shoots well.  I've since added a Vltor EMod stock and while it's made things heavier, it's also improved the balance.  I added the LWRC panels to it because it gets hot when you shoot it, and they're a little slippery but they work.

Cons:
1) Rail length - I have long gangly arms, the option of no bayonet lug and 2 more inches of rail would be perfect.  I don't need a bayonet lug so having the rail swallow the gas block whole leaving access to the gas adjustment knob shouldn't be an issue.  I'm sure for other tall civilians and probably cops too, this would be the same feeling. (I'ts now offered in the A5 variant)  At the rail's current length, I had to go with a HSP Thorntail light mount to put the light far enough forward that I can thumb it on without contorting my hand.  I also would like to see M-LOK slots between the threaded holes giving me more flexibility with what I want to mount and how.

2) Rail segments - a couple 2 hole rail segments in addition to the (2) 3 hole rail segments in the IC package would be nice.  I want to mount a light, the 3 rail piece ends up under my hand making it feel like a quad rail gun, larger than it needs to be. I can buy one or two 2 hole segments from LWRC, so it's not a big deal, but it will add time to getting to my final setup.  Also, the LWRC site doesn't indicate whether or not the SPR rail segments fit the regular IC, I assume they do  (they do, bought some).

3) QD sockets - Having the QD sockets at the back is a pro.  Having them only on the sides and not the middle is a con to me.  I like running one off that center hole because the side ones tend to interfere with my hand/fingers.  Also, having the QDs being able to turn 360 degrees, I really like.  I've met about 50/50 with regards to people on this one, some like the free spin, others hate it.

4) LWRC's website is still crappy.  I've ordered spare parts and luckily wrote it was for the M6-IC because I'd picked the wrong thing (piston return spring spares)

I've not tried Gen3 PMAGs in there yet, so I can't comment on how they do.  I've not shot for accuracy, but I'm positive it's more accurate than I am.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one.  It's my "main batttle rifle" so to speak; that's the gun I pull out of the safe if the SHTF.  Absolutely spectacular rifle.  Heavier than my BCM ultralight upper/Mega Arms lower combo, yes, but not that much that it's a factor.  Forearm does get hot, and I got a rubber grip thing that goes almost all the way around the forearm so I can hold it under heavy fire without frying my hand.  Incredible accuracy, and built like an absolute tank.  I mean the quality of this thing is spectacular, and it is one tough mutha.  

Did a 1.5 day integrated weapons course and shot 1200 rounds through it without so much as a drop of oil added.  Mind you, it was relatively wet when I started, but that thing just ran and ran like a Swiss watch.  Ambi controls work well with off hand drills.  Running an Eotech and Eotech 3x magnifier and although slightly heavier than Aimpoint this setup works really well for me.

These guns are not cheap, but then again, quality never is.  Absolutely spectacular rifle.

hth

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top