Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 4:57:26 PM EDT
Let me begin by saying I prefer Piston ARs over DI ARs. The main reason, I hate dirty guns and I hate cleaning my guns. My Piston guns run so much cleaner and cooler than my DI guns, there is really no comparison.

I started out in the piston game about 4 years ago with two LWRCs, a UCIW and and M6-SL. I was truly amazed how much cleaner these guns ran compared to my DI guns. I pretty much decided at that point that any future AR purchases would be pistons.

About a year ago I had my first experience with Adams Arms. Bud's was running AA "Blemished" Carbines for $599 if I recall correctly. I couldn't resist. Still can't find the "Blemish" on this rifle. I decided to put an Evo rail on it, a Geissele trigger, some Magpul FDE furnture, and Cerakote it Patriot Brown.

I have put a couple of thousand rounds through this rifle, many rounds suppressed, and it has been flawless. In my opinion the gas system really shines if you are going to run it suppressed. It is superior to my LWRCs in this respect. All AAs come with an adjustable gas block. LWRCs don't unless you have a special model with an adjustable gas block. I, and many others have not had a good experience running LWRCs suppressed. Since you can't adjust the gas, running it suppressed really beats hard on the piston system. The springs get warped after about 200 rounds and the piston cups break and have to be replaced. Because of this, I simply don't run my LWRCs suppressed. Unsuppressed they are absolutely top notch rifles. But I am far more impressed with AA.

Adams Arms rifles are about half the price of LWRCs. They are built with high quality parts, great barrels, and excellent fit and finish. Because of the gas block, I also think the AA gas system is superior to LWRCs. AA has done such a fine job of tuning the gas system, it runs perfect suppressed and unsuppressed. While it gets dirtier when suppressed, it is still cleaner than running a DI gun unsuppressed. My $599 AA Carbine is easily the best firearm purchase I have ever made. I have been shooting for 25 years and have owned hundreds of firearms over the years, so that actually means something.

Not only does AA make an excellent product, their Customer Service is the best I have ever encountered in the firearms industry. Over the last 25 years I have had to send many guns back to the respective manufacturer for repair. I have never had a better experience than with AA. First, Cody is amazing. Anytime I have had a question or concern and have emailed Cody, I received an instant response or a response within hours. This rifle had a problem with the ejector door, it would pop open very easily. I emailed Cody, my rifle was picked up the next day free of charge. I received the repaired rifle back in 3 days! I happen to live in Florida and since AA is in Florida, UPS Ground is overnight.

A few weeks later I bought an Evo forend but had a problem installing it on the gun. I emailed Cody for help. He sure helped, Cody offered to install it for me. My rifle was picked up the next day and returned again in 3 days. All free of charge. AA was under zero obligation to help me install an aftermarket accessory, but they did and even paid for shipping both ways. It does not get better than that. What other firearm manufacturer would do that? Cody might be the best CS rep in the biz these days. Nothing but praise for Cody and AA CS. Simply the best.

I put together an SBR lower, Seekins billet, PWS buffer tube and buffer, Geissele trigger, Battle Arms safety and take down pins, KWS trigger pins, VLTOR IMod stock...all good stuff...

I decided to matte it to an Adams Arms 11.5" "Blemished" Evo upper purchased directly from AA for $573. Once again  I am still looking for the "Blemish" :) Over the last few days about 300 rounds have been run through it suppressed, and about 100 unsuppressed. Runs absolutely flawless. At 50 yards with a red dot it shoots tiny groups. Excellent upper built with quality barrel, bolt and carrier.

Adams Arms is easily the best value in the piston market. I will put my AA guns up against my LWRCs all day long and they are just as good, and even better suppressed. I can't say enough good things about AA quality, fit and finish, innovation, and customer service. Top notch all the way around. I cannot recommend AA strongly enough, and if you happen to get an AA that slipped through the cracks and has a problem, AA will make it right and they will make it right fast. Cody will take the best care of you possible the whole way through the process. I own a lot of guns and some very "high quality" firearms, Adams Arms is currently my favorite manufacturer in the firearms industry and has been for a while. Instead of bitching and complaining on the forum like we often do, I think it is important to give praise when someone is doing something right. AA deserves BIG props!

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Well written review!

My friend also recommended AA, he  uses an HK416 at work, and an Adam Arms at home.

I haven't thought too much about owning a piston AR, but if I did it sounds like AA would be an easy decision
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Great to hear! I am looking at getting into the piston game and I really enjoyed your review. I have a couple buddies with AA's uppers and/or complete builds and they have been nothing but awesome. You get a whole lot for the price they are going for. I am glad to hear their CS department is top notch as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top