Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2015 8:39:22 PM EDT
so this is going to be a post with some images because I have yet to see many images of this ambidextrous ejecting upper.

So this is the upper mated to my ARFCOM lower

I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of the upper receiver as well

this is the right hand side of the upper

left hand side of the upper

right side close up

left side close up, note the machining cut for the bolt catch

field stripping is as simple as popping the upper off and pushing out the captive held return spring pin and depressing the return spring until it unlocks and slides out, and then the bolt carrier slides out with amazing ease

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
bolt and bolt carrier. very similar to an AK pattern long stroke piston

here is the bolt face, notice the twin ejectors

an interior shot of the ambidextrous windowed upper receiver. LEFTIES UNITE

the ARAK uses a barrel trunion vs the AR-15s standard barrel nut which makes the weapon able to swap barrels with ease

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
behold the barrel and all its QPQ beauty

here is also a close up of the gas adjuster knob, as you can see the difference in size of the ports for different gas settings

the barrel is a 5.56 1/8 twist ratio

a shot of the weapon assembled

and a close up of the upper and lower with the window open
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool....but you had me all excited I thought you got your ARAK-31 upper the 308 version. I have two of the ARAK-21s one in 223 and one in 300BLK waiting for a 31 in 308. One is never enough.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]
lmao i literally almost chose the 31 over the 21. I do have faith in faxon to make a wonderful product but since none of the 31s have been tested yet i was scared to purchase one and be a guinea pig
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lmao i literally almost chose the 31 over the 21. I do have faith in faxon to make a wonderful product but since none of the 31s have been tested yet i was scared to purchase one and be a guinea pig
View Quote

We're the guinea pigs here.

Nothing quite as thrilling as pulling the trigger on an experimental firearm...

Thanks for posting up some wonderful photos!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
How does it balance with the ubr?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
the UBR does really help with the weight of the upper, it keeps the gun relatively flat when held. I genuinely like the way it feels in hand
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Received my ambi upper in this past week as well.  Immediately swapped the bolt and charging handle over for left hand operation.  So far so good.  We'll see what the upper can do at the range.

Balance on this upper is like having a medium profile barrel.  A little heavier up front but nothing terrible even after you take out the buffer in the back.  I did go with the pencil ARAK barrel and have removed the two side rails.  Just using the bottom rail for a BCM short VFG and will eventually put a QD sling mount on the bottom rail as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Received my ambi upper in this past week as well.  Immediately swapped the bolt and charging handle over for left hand operation.  So far so good.  We'll see what the upper can do at the range.

Balance on this upper is like having a medium profile barrel.  A little heavier up front but nothing terrible even after you take out the buffer in the back.  I did go with the pencil ARAK barrel and have removed the two side rails.  Just using the bottom rail for a BCM short VFG and will eventually put a QD sling mount on the bottom rail as well.
View Quote

Pics!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
AgBQ a huge piece of advice, i took my rifle out the other day and shot it lefty and my bolt catch paddle deflected rounds and they slightly scratched my reciever because of the paddle so i shaved down the bolt catch and it doesn't have that issue anymore. But just a heads up
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#11]
So i've got a range report. I have now ran 400 rounds through the rifle. I do know this isn't an exponential amount fired but im very pleased with this rifle. It has not had any failures at this time, and i must add that the recoil impulse mimics my marlin .22 rifle except the muzzle climbs a hair more. I have fired xm193, xm885, nosler match ammunition in 77grain and 69grain and the rifle runs on the medium gas setting with all of these rounds. Although it can run the 62 green tips on the low gas setting but i leave it in the middle so i'm not fiddling with the gun much. Although i do have one gripe. After stripping the gun down i noticed that the bolt carrier on the face that meets with the trunion has gotten some dings in it. Which looks to be like ejecting brass knicking it on their way out. Not a funtional issue just a cosmetic one.

Also i havent checked the rifles true accuracy potential as it only has irons on it. And ive only shot 20-80 yards, but today i was shooting an ar500 3 1/2" skipper plate at 35 yards and the rifle had no problems tagging the plate repeatedly
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So i've got a range report. I have now ran 400 rounds through the rifle. I do know this isn't an exponential amount fired but im very pleased with this rifle. It has not had any failures at this time, and i must add that the recoil impulse mimics my marlin .22 rifle except the muzzle climbs a hair more. I have fired xm193, xm885, nosler match ammunition in 77grain and 69grain and the rifle runs on the medium gas setting with all of these rounds. Although it can run the 62 green tips on the low gas setting but i leave it in the middle so i'm not fiddling with the gun much. Although i do have one gripe. After stripping the gun down i noticed that the bolt carrier on the face that meets with the trunion has gotten some dings in it. Which looks to be like ejecting brass knicking it on their way out. Not a funtional issue just a cosmetic one.

Also i havent checked the rifles true accuracy potential as it only has irons on it. And ive only shot 20-80 yards, but today i was shooting an ar500 3 1/2" skipper plate at 35 yards and the rifle had no problems tagging the plate repeatedly
View Quote

Fantastic! Glad you have had fun shooting!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top