Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2015 12:52:31 AM EDT
I ran a few mags of 5.56 though my home build with a Adams Arms XLP and I was under the impression you should be able to adjust the gas setting whenever you want... I went to try to adjust it and it is not moving (could probably tap it loose with a mallet)

Is this normal or should I contact Adams Arms about it?

Thanks for any help

ETA: tapped it loose with a brass punch, removed the front part from the gas block and cleaned it... took out the set screw for the detent to adjust it and it moves easily, lost said detent so I replaced it with a take down detent and chopped the spring... works great and moves allot easier.... still wondering if its normal that after minimal shooting its really difficult to adjust? I know they advertise it so you can adjust it for suppressed to suppressed to single shot with minimal effort
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It appears to be normal as others have stated/complained about the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's normal. Mine did the same thing until I cleaned it. Had to take a Leatherman to it at one point.
I didn't realy think much of it since it's underneath my rail, and I was only messing with it to get the gas settings right. Now that I'm tuned up, I don't plan on messing with it further aside from periodic cleaning. It functions like a boss
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top