Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2015 6:39:10 PM EDT
Did my homework and decided it was the way to go in .308. I held one a few weeks ago and it was like no other that I have held before. It felt right and it was different than the others. Now that I have placed my order I feel naughty knowing I will have another bad ass rifle in my collection. Lead time is 4-6 weeks due to so many orders from Shot Show.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations Mr. kippjones! I have a 7.62 NATO (.308) Bolt Gun that I love to shoot. I don't know if you have other .308 rifles, but it's a great round. Inherently accurate and packs a punch. I like the 'family' so much, my favorite hunting rifle is a '7mm -08', a necked-down .308 cartridge.

In a PWS Gas Piston AR style platform, I think you will absolutely love it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and range reviews when you get your new 'Stick'.

Best regards,

Old_Navy
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent.  Where did you end up ordering it from?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Tactical Video. They are an FFL and PWS dealer in IL. They are great to do business with, highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking over the PWS website and did not see any "spare parts" offered. Are there any back up kits available?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Perfect, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My rifle is set to ship next week, can't wait until it arrives and take it to a 2 gun shoot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't go wrong with a PWS
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
My MK216 shipped today. Should have next week Wednesday or Thursday...I am excited.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]

The MK 216 just arrived and it is awesome. Exceeds my expectations. Absolutely one of the best in terms of quality out there. Will get her to the range soon and report back.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#11]
How did yours run??

I just bought one myself and have the round count around 200 so far.  I am gathering the supplies to start reloading for consistency with this rifle.  SO far I am getting just over an inch at 100 yards with Hornady Steel Match .308.  Very happy with this rifle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I finally shot the PWS today. She sure is a sweet shooter. Very balanced and for .308, recoil was similar to my Colt LE6940P in 5.56. Muzzle rise was non-existent, she shoots flat. The guys shooting next to me noticed that during our drills. The muzzle break was very loud though. I put about 200 rounds through her today and she did not miss a beat.

I found switching from rifle to pistol during our drills to be easy due to the light weight of the PWS. We ran a drill where we only started with 2 rounds to force mag changes and the PWS ergonomics are well done. On top of being extremely well built, this is one hell of a battle rifle and well worth the money. Will tear her down soon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Been working on cleaning and one noticeable difference between my Colt and the PWS is there is some limited black residue on the PWS where the Colt is completely free of any black residue. I am guessing the PWS design allows for some gas to travel back to the BCG.The BCG cleans up easily but the piston end has copper buildup and some minor fouling.  I will post pics soon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]
To be clear I did not clean the PWS before shooting as I normally do and treat with Gun Juice. The PWS arrived well lubed so I left it as such before shooting.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been working on cleaning and one noticeable difference between my Colt and the PWS is there is some limited black residue on the PWS where the Colt is completely free of any black residue. I am guessing the PWS design allows for some gas to travel back to the BCG.The BCG cleans up easily but the piston end has copper buildup and some minor fouling.  I will post pics soon.
View Quote

Thanks for the review and pictures.  I would not worry about the copper or carbon fouling on the piston at all.  

I am pretty sure the gun was lubed at the factory with medium to heavy amounts of PWS's grease.  If so, the black stuff is just dirty or discolored grease, and I wouldn't really worry about that either.  Personally, I would just clean it up and relubricate it with oil.  But I am more of an oil user than grease user.

My guess is that the area inside your lower receiver (including the hammer and trigger contact surfaces) is still relatively clean and well lubed (if it started that way)?

HighSpeedSteel
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top