Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are Remington handguards actually available?

I've seen them, but they are usually of undisclosed origin and cost almost as much as the HK416 upper.
View Quote

EuroOptic is listing them on their website:

http://www.eurooptic.com/remington-defense-hk-416-hndgrd-105-assb-kit-3011.aspx

They're listing both black and FDE in both 10.5" and 14.5" -- never ordered anything from them before, but the fact that the black 10.5" shows "out of stock," while the other three can be added to a shopping cart suggests that they have the others in stock.  

Interestingly enough, while they're listing the FDE 10.5" for $525, the black 10.5" is listed at $825... possibly marking the first time in AR tacti-cool accessory history that black is commanding a ridiculous premium over tan, while otherwise being the same.  

Damned Instagram photos...

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Guys the Remington Defense HK416 rail's or *RAHG's* have been avaiable for a year or so now? Both on EuroOptic.com and also on ScopeList.com The 10" black versions was sold out from pre-orders from when both sites originally posted them up for sale to the civil. market and the 10" black ones supposedly sold so many during pre-orders that they never got in enough to fill all of the pre-orders that they took in from people and it was also said that there were only 2 or 3 if memory serves me right that they actually got in and since that time the black one has never made its way back to being "in-stock". However I believe sometime this year the black ones will become available on both of the mentioned sites.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the rail even worth a shit?

Looks like a Geisselle. I'd much rather have a G than a Rem rail.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Other than the DEVGRU factor, isn't it lighter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$500-800 is a lot for a DEVGRU factor.

Being lighter would be advantageous considering the weight of the 416. Ive never handled one but Rem making a rail -a first at that- would make me a little hesitant to drop that kind of cash.

To each there own. I will say it's a good looking rail.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Being lighter would be advantageous considering the weight of the 416. Ive never handled one but Rem making a rail -a first at that- would make me a little hesitant to drop that kind of cash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's pretty nice, I've held it and the RemDef ACR version.  Nothing more than DEVGRU factor IMHO, but then again, go look at the clone whore threads and guys are dumping

$1500 into the basic rifle

$200-300 in BUIS

$500+ for an Insight WMX200 or about the same for an FDE dual switch/M3X setup

$1200+ for a APTIAL-C

$3-400 for Surefire 4P

$2-300 for LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD

....and don't get me started on the Elcans....
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the profile of the Geissele personally, but FWIW at $525, the RAHG (at least in FDE) is within $100 of the Geissele ($438).  

The RAHG is M-LOK compatible versus Geissele's proprietary mounting (as I understand, even MK1 components are not compatible with it), and gives you four QD socket options versus Geissele's two, though I would say that's worth $90, but it's not altogether unreasonably priced for an HK accessory, given the usual HK accessory price tag in general.  

MI also has an M-LOK HK416 rail for right around $200, as does Strike Industries.  

Lancer and Troy are coming out with some carbon fiber models as well.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I prefer the profile of the Geissele personally, but FWIW at $525, the RAHG (at least in FDE) is within $100 of the Geissele ($438).  

Given that the RAHG is M-LOK compatible versus Geissele's proprietary mounting (as I understand, even MK1 components are not compatible with it), and gives you four QD socket options versus Geissele's two, it's not altogether unreasonable, minus the fact that it's an HK accessory, so it has an HK accessory price tag in general.  

MI also has an M-LOK HK416 rail for right around $200, as does Strike Industries.  

~Augee
View Quote

That's pretty damn clever.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that the RAHG is M-LOK compatible versus Geissele's proprietary mounting (as I understand, even MK1 components are not compatible with it), and gives you four QD socket options versus Geissele's two, it's not altogether unreasonable, minus the fact that it's an HK accessory, so it has an HK accessory price tag in general.  

~Augee

Actually, I may have misspoke.  

I can't find any positive indication that the RAHG is M-LOK compatible.  I thought I'd heard it was, but I can't find any reference to it.  Maybe I just assumed because the slots look similar, or because the RAHG was used on the Remington ACR ("Masada") variants well.  

Sorry for the confusion.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can't find any positive indication that the RAHG is M-LOK compatible.  I thought I'd heard it was, but I can't find any reference to it.  Maybe I just assumed because the slots look similar, or because the RAHG was used on the Remington ACR ("Masada") variants well.  

Sorry for the confusion.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

Sorry for the confusion.  

~Augee

That's a hell of an idea, though. You should hit up Geissele. They could even put keymod slots there as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's a hell of an idea, though. You should hit up Geissele. They could even put keymod slots there as well.
View Quote

Honestly, with two M-LOK rails already out, and supposedly the two CF ones also accepting M-LOK, I suspect the answer will be "too small of a market," especially since a lot of folks are direct mounting accessories already anyways.    

...but, to bring it all back around and back on the topic of the thread, perhaps if there was an affordable HK416 clone upper that could actually accept aftermarket forearms, it might be incentive to make it happen.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm definetly interested in the Gen2 rifles.

For one reason or another I've always wanted a 10in 416. I'd prefer the standard Picatinny as it'll likely get replaced with a G.

So sexy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]
So DEVGRU is using the Remington rail and CAG is using the Geissele rail?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
THere is a new thread on HKforum on it now..

Wondering if they will delete it like the last time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Erased...

again.

Got a warning about posting it.

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm finding it harder and harder to resist putting together a couple more 416 uppers, still interested in seeing this come to fruition, especially if they're compatible with aftermarket HK parts.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw a sale on the POF roller cam pin. I read earlier that it helps with our piston setup?

Is it helping for some people or ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saw a sale on the POF roller cam pin. I read earlier that it helps with our piston setup?

Is it helping for some people or ?
View Quote

It helps. it provides a nice smooth action with the bolt rolling the cam cutout.  Too me, it gives me an easier time with pulling the charging handle.

Btw, not I replaced it in the 415 but also in 3 AA setups.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#22]
So I just need that ROLLER cam...NOTHING ELSE??

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

The roller has a way of coming off after high round counts and jam's up the BCG.....use with caution....
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Titan, make a upper like this:

Please, for the love of God!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, drop it and have.

I have not seen it fail yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Just FYSA, might be old news, but it looks like there are a couple more 10.4" TDI uppers left for those that want one.  Price has gone up some to $800.  

I have never actually handled one of the TDI uppers, so I can't vouch for anything to do with quality or experiences with the product itself or the seller, etc. etc., but I figured I'd drop the link at very least if someone is still looking for one.  

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548447432

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey guys, so I got back from deployment and finally had time to take some guns out to include the TItan upper 10.4 inch. I ran it both suppressed and unsuppressed with an AAC flashhider and Mini-4 can as well as a Saker 762. Gun when dry when pretty  I started and didn't want to feed all the way. Put a liberal amount of lube on the bolt and she ran great after that. Just ran an H2 buffer and standard spring and will probably upgrade to an HK buffer to slow the carrier down. Suppressed she is obviously overgassed.

All in all, not a bad range toy if you want to get into the HK clone game. Had the same issues as other getting the handguard off. Fit and finish isn't HK but I didn't expect that. I'll do some accuracy testing with the can and without the can and an XPS-2. It the only eotech I have left, sent the rest back. Seeing as this gun is pretty much dedicated for range use, I really don't care if it craps out. I'll just send it back to get fixed like before.

Pictures of course will be due out, I'll snap some and you guys can expect them by the end of the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#28]
took the upper out this weekend on one of my SBR lowers. Nothing special. Milspec trigger that seemed heavier than usual. Eotech is back at L3 getting nitrogen purged due to reticle  dimming so just shot it with the HK irons. Groups weren't spectacular at 50m... I usually shoot much better than that. Just rested the mag on the bench and let her rip. Of note, I shot the upper with a 4x ACOG and had about the same size groups with a few different loads as I did shooting it with irons... honestly, the trigger didn't help... ill take it back out when I get my eotech back and see how it does on another SBR lower with a SSA-E trigger in it.

Also, shot my SCAR SBR as sort of a control being a piston gun as well. Shot it both suppressed and unsuppressed. Running it with an H2 buffer. Need to get an H3 or an HK buffer because it recoils pretty hard and is pretty over gassed with even the Mini-4 can... pictures of the gun and groups below...

Also of note... I considered getting an actual HK MR556 and cutting it down to either a 10.4 or 14.5 barrel by investment grade firearms or even going with a complete gun... but after this weekend and living in the age of adjustable gas systems like the govnah and with modern rails that take keymod and mlok... I might pass on the 90s tech of the HK416 and just stick with more modern offerings....

oh, and the front rail being out of spec wont accept either of my DBALs....at least with the stock mounts... hoping it will take an ATPIAL-C just in case I run it with an IR laser. just FYI...

I will be keeping the titan upper though. it scratches my movie/vide game gun itch a la Zero Dark Thirty and the Battlefield series...

titan upper....

groups... blue is suppressed (AAC mini 4) and red is unsuppressed (orange stickers are 2 inches)

SCAR 10 inch SBR with Saker 556 on an AAC 51T (better lock up than the Mini 4 honestly)

Groups shot with the SCAR with the Saker 556 (orange stickers are 2 inches)

thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
took the upper out this weekend on one of my SBR lowers.

<snip>

thoughts?
View Quote

To be honest, makes me glad I held out and got an MR556 upper cut down instead of getting a TDI...

I don't remember if you got one of the earlier ones, or one of the later ones that were being built from spare parts?  

The fact that the rails are so out of spec that IR LAMs won't fit does not really inspire confidence, especially since I've gotten to the point where I consider shooting during the day rather boring.  

Hope the Gen. IIs are better.

As long as it scratches your itch and you enjoy it, though, I'm glad for you!  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

To be honest, makes me glad I held out and got an MR556 upper cut down instead of getting a TDI...

I don't remember if you got one of the earlier ones, or one of the later ones that were being built from spare parts?  

The fact that the rails are so out of spec that IR LAMs won't fit does not really inspire confidence, especially since I've gotten to the point where I consider shooting during the day rather boring.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
took the upper out this weekend on one of my SBR lowers.

<snip>

thoughts?

~Augee

Yeah, scratches the itch for now. Honestly, depending on how much I shoot it, if I come accross a good deal for an already cut down mr556 upper, I might swap it out and offload the TD upper for cheap. Fun to run but with out of spec rails, leaves my options limited especially as I get more into NV stuff. Thanks for the response Augee!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I've attached a peq--2 unit and other accessories on my TD upper with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Ive tried both a DBAL and PEQ-15 (ATPIAL-C) with no luck... I might just file back one of the rails until it fits on there... out of options otherwise, or just pick up an MR556 upper of whole rifle... glad yours fits though
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#33]
There a set date when the Gen IIs come out?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There a set date when the Gen IIs come out?
View Quote

Anyone know anything further about this?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Haven't heard anything either.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Still working perfectly fine with no issues.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#37]
How are you doing dealing parts if you need it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I believe MBELL cover this in his video.

I think some parts are interchangeable with the HK416/MR556 platform.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I believe MBELL cover this in his video.

I think some parts are interchangeable with the HK416/MR556 platform.
View Quote

I go over the comparison of the TD and HK uppers, similarities and differences here:
https://youtu.be/mEAs_HIcNSY

I discussed the upcoming Gen2 TD415 uppers based on a conversation with Todd Bailey AND the fact that when I looked them up on HKParts.Net the Gen2 TD uppers were actually listed on their website as coming. Now they have been removed. I would not have discussed them solely based on a conversation with Todd for reasons that most AR15.COMers will understand. So the future of the Gen 2 TD uppers is certainly uncertain at best, and very doubtful at worst. I hope it happens....but as they say, don't hold your breath.
Here is the video discussing the story I got on the Gen2s:

https://youtu.be/N9GJRr-isu0
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top