Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2015 10:37:52 AM EDT
i do not know all the nomenclature of the parts, so here is the prob., that little thingy on the op rod that contacts the barrel nut has almost worn thru the B. nut at that point of contact, has anyone else experienced this sort of problem ? if yes, have you contacted LWRCI and what have they said in response ?

this upper is one of their first, way, way back when it was just LWRC, at the time they were offering to convert your COLT upper  to their piston system, anyone remember that ?

this upper has been on several lowers and has in excess of 10,000 rnds thru it.

i can NOT post a photo or i would..., too much B.S. to go thru to get a photo posted.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i do not know all the nomenclature of the parts, so here is the prob., that little thingy on the op rod that contacts the barrel nut has almost worn thru the B. nut at that point of contact, has anyone else experienced this sort of problem ? if yes, have you contacted LWRCI and what have they said in response ?

this upper is one of their first, way, way back when it was just LWRC, at the time they were offering to convert your COLT upper  to their piston system, anyone remember that ?

this upper has been on several lowers and has in excess of 10,000 rnds thru it.

i can NOT post a photo or i would..., too much B.S. to go thru to get a photo posted.
View Quote

You referring to the "Standard" spring cup?

As far as a photo, I can help you out with one, if you'd like. Just send me a picture and I can host it on a site for you and get it posted.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
"standard" spring cup" ?????

don't know if that is the nomenclature or not, it is the thingy that rests against the barrel nut with the spring pressure.

i'll have dig out my digital camera to take a pic, all my "droid" phone photos can not be uploaded because the "Android file transfer" thing is a bit confusing for me, i tried to send all my "Droid" photos to my computer,  but i guess i am just a dummy when it comes to high tech stuff, it ain't working as advertised.

i'll try to send a pic to you in a few days, right now i have so much crap on my plate it will take me the rest of the month to catch up.

thank you for your assistance
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

don't know if that is the nomenclature or not, it is the thingy that rests against the barrel nut with the spring pressure.

i'll have dig out my digital camera to take a pic, all my "droid" phone photos can not be uploaded because the "Android file transfer" thing is a bit confusing for me, i tried to send all my "Droid" photos to my computer,  but i guess i am just a dummy when it comes to high tech stuff, it ain't working as advertised.

i'll try to send a pic to you in a few days, right now i have so much crap on my plate it will take me the rest of the month to catch up.

View Quote

Easy way to get the photo from your phone is to just email it to yourself. Depending on your build of Android, open your gallery app, select the picture you want and at the top of your screen select the 3 prong icon (it means share). You then will hit "see all" and select your email app of choice and then email it to yourself. This will permit you to avoid plugging the phone into your computer and doing any folder hopping.

Sounds like the spring cup, a cheap part to replace from LWRCs website. Their original design was the standard, which is a black cylinder and they modified it to be a metal circular piece. If you have the original old design LWRC upper, it will be using that old black cylinder design.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Easy way to get the photo from your phone is to just email it to yourself. Depending on your build of Android, open your gallery app, select the picture you want and at the top of your screen select the 3 prong icon (it means share). You then will hit "see all" and select your email app of choice and then email it to yourself. This will permit you to avoid plugging the phone into your computer and doing any folder hopping.

Sounds like the spring cup, a cheap part to replace from LWRCs website. Their original design was the standard, which is a black cylinder and they modified it to be a metal circular piece. If you have the original old design LWRC upper, it will be using that old black cylinder design.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's not the cup that is wearing out, it is the barrel nut that is taking the beating and getting some serious wear. i wonder if that uncommon wear is under warranty for their "lifetime warranty" ?? i have had issues with LWRCI in the past over the springs, which is NOT warranted, they recommend replacing the spring after 3 or 4 thousand rounds, i do understand parts wear out and break, but to have to buy a new spring every 3 or 4 thousand rounds is pure bullshit, they should replace it at no charge, i have had to replace 4 springs in my three LWRCI rifles, their flat coil springs was a stupid idea, i found the perfect spring at my local ACE Hardware, it is round coils but a half inch too long so i just cut it, install it and shoot the crap out of the rifles, my first round coil spring has out lasted two flat coil springs in one of the rifles.., enough of my rant so on to other things.

your suggestion about transferring the photo is a good idea, i'll give it a try.

thank you Sir !
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

it's not the cup that is wearing out, it is the barrel nut that is taking the beating and getting some serious wear. i wonder if that uncommon wear is under warranty for their "lifetime warranty" ?? i have had issues with LWRCI in the past over the springs, which is NOT warranted, they recommend replacing the spring after 3 or 4 thousand rounds, i do understand parts wear out and break, but to have to buy a new spring every 3 or 4 thousand rounds is pure bullshit, they should replace it at no charge, i have had to replace 4 springs in my three LWRCI rifles, their flat coil springs was a stupid idea, i found the perfect spring at my local ACE Hardware, it is round coils but a half inch too long so i just cut it, install it and shoot the crap out of the rifles, my first round coil spring has out lasted two flat coil springs in one of the rifles.., enough of my rant so on to other things.

your suggestion about transferring the photo is a good idea, i'll give it a try.

thank you Sir !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank you Sir !

Welcome, on the information of how to upload.

As to your issue, I'll be interested to see the pictures. Never really heard of one of these wearing on the barrel nut before.

Also, if you do decide to send it in for warranty work, I'd suggest putting in one of the flat springs from LWRC, before sending it back in. Something tells me they would be hesitant to honor a warranty when aftermarket parts are being used and not factory parts, especially when it comes to their piston parts.

As to the 3-4k replacement, from what I've read that was for a specific batch of bad springs/design and it was inspect your rifle ever 3k and they suggested replacing every 5k on those bad springs. I've read of people going upwards of 10k on the original stock spring, so seems to give some truth to the bad batch.

That being stated, I picked up 10 springs or so, when LWRC was having their massive sale, so I'm set for a long while.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up 10 springs or so, when LWRC was having their massive sale, so I'm set for a long while.
View Quote

when did they do a "massive sale" ? i missed that one.

yes, if sending the upper in for warranty repair it will definitely will go back with one of the broken springs i have three of them, actually they are broken in two and three pieces.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yes, if sending the upper in for warranty repair it will definitely will go back with one of the broken springs i have three of them, actually they are broken in two and three pieces.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I picked up 10 springs or so, when LWRC was having their massive sale, so I'm set for a long while.

All of November they had a sale and on "Cyber Monday", had something like 30% off on everything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
All of November they had a sale and on "Cyber Monday", had something like 30% off on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I bought some more UCIW stocks that day

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#9]
yep I remember the lietner wise conversions and the drama that surrounded an individual there so glad there a new company now.I have one of those conversions they bored out the gas tube hole in the upper for the bushing....solid conversion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
yep I remember the lietner wise conversions and the drama that surrounded an individual there so glad there a new company now.I have one of those conversions they bored out the gas tube hole in the upper for the bushing....solid conversion.
View Quote

yupp !

solid conversion..., but, they also break springs.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

thank you Sir !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank you Sir !

OK, i got the photo moved to my Email, now how do i get it posted ? can i Email it to you and you post the photo ?

from here on i am lost in technical confusion, i am not too good at some of the tech stuff.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, you can host them to an image site yourself, if you'd like, and post them up.

I'm still willing to post them but you will have to send the images to me, in which I'll host them on a site and then post them here.

I'll PM you my email.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
thank you Sir !

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#14]
did you get the photo of the barrel nut wear ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope, never received an email from you, sir.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#16]
i do not know what i am doing wrong, i'll give it another try.

thank you.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top