Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2014 10:58:17 PM EDT
I am contemplating my options with an upper I have that I had the Adams Arms Receiver Bushing installed onto.  Trying to figure out if it is worth trying to mess with it depending on what it is made out of.  I'm thinking some sort of steel, which I would then just not bother messing with it.

Adco removed the bushing for me last year, but it seemed that they stopped performing that service due to damaging to the receivers.

I was considering drilling it out.  Either through the back end by slowly reaming, but finding long enough bit will be difficult.  Or I was considering trying to drill 4 smaller holes through the front as there are circular channels around the gastube hole.  It could weaken the bushing sufficiently so I could knock it out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Run a tap through the hole insert screw / bolt pull out. Looks like an 8-32, w/out measuring it. OR from the back of receiver use a pc of drill rod or all thread on it. More than likely while trying to thread the bushing it will spin enough to pull it out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Just tried tapping out the bushing as instructed by AA with no success.  It didn't even have appeared to have moved.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I made a punch from a drill btt that was the width of the cross shaped hole and ground it down to fit. That way it hits 2 sides at once and has less chance of cocking the bushing and getting it stuck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Why even bother removing it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have removed one before using the tap method. I am having no success with another one that I am trying to transfer to another upper. It is stuck pretty good. I have already ordered another one.
I wish AA didn't charge me $25 to have one delivered to my door......
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top