Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 3:53:47 PM EDT
Anyone try a Suppressor with the XLP setup? Does alot of hot gas come out from under the handguards?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I actually was just doing exactly this today...actually at the time of your post. Weird.  Anyway, no hot gas from under the handguard.  I did get a bunch of gas in my face like you normally would on a DI suppressed AR-15.  I thought all the gas was supposed to exit at the front of the gun!??  I had some difficulty tuning the gas to a good setting. It had Goldilocks syndrome. It was either throwing the brass forward (over gassed) with normal 5.56 or it wouldn't cycle the bolt with lower power Tulammo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
My piston was going on my 6.5 Grendel, but was thinking a clean running .223 would be nice with my suppressor. The bolt carrier group really gets dirty with a Suppressor. I guess I can change it around if I don't like it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Question....How do you change the gas settings if the gas adjustment knob is under the handguard?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I push the lever with a small punch
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top