Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2014 7:29:38 PM EDT
Is anyone running this setup? Will they work?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Won't work with PWS BCG.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
quick question will the JP silent captured spring work with an LMT piston upper ? anyone run this ?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why not?  There's nothing special with the back end of the PWS carrier (other than newer ones are anti-tilt), and they don't require any special recoil buffer/spring.  They work with any run of the mill lower / buffer tube / buffer.  I can't see any reason the JP Silent Spring wouldn't work?

--Dan
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why not?  There's nothing special with the back end of the PWS carrier (other than newer ones are anti-tilt), and they don't require any special recoil buffer/spring.  They work with any run of the mill lower / buffer tube / buffer.  I can't see any reason the JP Silent Spring wouldn't work?

--Dan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

--Dan

In order to add additional bolt mass PWS uses a BCG with a smaller diameter through hole.  This additional weight provides a functional benefit simlar to a heavy buffer, but does not allow the JP assembly to fit properly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In order to add additional bolt mass PWS uses a BCG with a smaller diameter through hole.  This additional weight provides a functional benefit simlar to a heavy buffer, but does not allow the JP assembly to fit properly.
View Quote

Ah, so the guide rod from the JP won't fit inside the carrier when it retracts?  Got it, thanks.

FWIW, I've got an older PWS & it uses the 'standard' type carrier (pre-anti-tilt).  It's a standard carrier so it does work with the JP spring.

--Dan
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
JP Enterprises and Primary Weapon Systems have been collaborating to fix the compatibility issue between the JP Silent captured spring system and the PWS carriers.
Both companies see the benefit for resolving this compatibility problem as both make great products that can complement each other very nicely. Keep your eyes peeled as I believe we will see some updated Primary Weapon Systems components that will be compatible with the JP Silent captured spring system in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
JP Enterprises and Primary Weapon Systems have been collaborating to fix the compatibility issue between the JP Silent captured spring system and the PWS carriers.
Both companies see the benefit for resolving this compatibility problem as both make great products that can complement each other very nicely. Keep your eyes peeled as I believe we will see some updated Primary Weapon Systems components that will be compatible with the JP Silent captured spring system in the near future.
View Quote

Sweet. Won't come fast enough.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, it's great to hear they are working together.  JP and PWS are both small companies that make some of the highest quality products in the industry.  

Definitely let us know when the new products are going to be available.  Is the JP captured spring going to work with both the PWS piston bolt carriers and their DI bolt carriers?

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow, it's great to hear they are working together.  JP and PWS are both small companies that make some of the highest quality products in the industry.  

Definitely let us know when the new products are going to be available.  Is the JP captured spring going to work with both the PWS piston bolt carriers and their DI bolt carriers?

HighSpeedSteel
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HighSpeedSteel

I don't have all the details on which carriers will be modified first; but I am sure we will get notified as soon as they are done so we can modify the JP website for compatibility.
Our goal will be to have 100% compatibility across the line in both piston and DI systems.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top