BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]

I have added Troy rail covers. I like them alot. It really is amazing how clean this rifle stays which only leads to significant reliability.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, can't get the video to post right.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
i just wish we could find the uppers..

they seem to be unobtainium.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i just wish we could find the uppers..

they seem to be unobtainium.
View Quote

Every once in a blue moon, a 6940P upper pops up on GunBroker. They are priced as much as the complete rifle.

I'm tempted to buy a complete rifle....
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of these a few months ago when my LGS had one at what I thought was a great price (around 1200). I still haven't taken it out and shot it yet One of these days I'll have the time...

If it really does stay that clean, I'll be gobsmacked. Guess I need to pony up for another Aimpoint PRO for it now
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Running only PMC ammo so far.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Running only PMC ammo so far.
View Quote

I'll be shooting mine with a mix of Wolf, XM193 and M855...hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I need to take it apart and clean it, but I just got back from the range; I put 2 mags of M193, 1 mag of Wolf, 1 mag of M855, and another mag of M193 through it, in that order. I took the BCG out after the last round...it looked as clean as when I got done cleaning it last time. I'm impressed. Even my FALs which more-or-less use a similar setup were dirtier after a few mags. When I get a chance later today I'll clean it and all that, but right now I am very impressed. My only wish would be that the rail would be longer...but the folding front sight is a lot better than I thought it would be in that setup, to be honest; IMO, the FSB makes up for the lack of extended rails. I found an Aimpoint Pro I had here from another project and I think I'll keep it on the 6940P.

Now if only I could find a 6945P upper...or actually any of the SBR variants, though the 45P is what I'm really looking for...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Also while I'm thinking about it - one thing I did notice was that it was about as sensitive to over/under-gassing as one of my SBRs...that is, M855 and M193 ejected out at around 2-2:30, and Wolf came out at around 4. I don't think any hit the bump. It was pretty consistent. This was with the standard buffer in the carbine (an H buffer).
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking into getting one of these or at leas an upper possibly.  So thanks for all the info and very nice set up.  However I can't seem to find what length the piston/gas system is.  Could you tell me if that is a carbine length system?  I am assuming it is but not 100%.

Thanks,

Nik
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been looking into getting one of these or at leas an upper possibly.  So thanks for all the info and very nice set up.  However I can't seem to find what length the piston/gas system is.  Could you tell me if that is a carbine length system?  I am assuming it is but not 100%.

Thanks,

Nik
View Quote

Correct, it's carbine length.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Nik

Yep, standard carbine length. The way the piston looks set up, it doesn't look like it's possible to totally overgas it, but I also haven't seen any reviews where people try shooting it suppressed yet...maybe now that MN is a suppressor state, I can fill that void in later
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top