Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 4:00:31 AM EDT
In 2012 i bought a stag carbine.  Well...im all legal to build my SBR, so i start in on it....thats when trouble started...
being a very standardized and modular platform-the AR15-, i figured i could just move the piston system over to my 11.5" barreled upper and id be done with the top end...
BUT... in thier infinite wisdom-- stag/cmmg(?)  decided to build thier gas block with the pin locations drilled much wider than standard.  Cursing commenced...

So, stags model 8 barrels and gas blocks are not cut to fit standard ar15 parts!? No swapping barrels..

Headache.....

Hope this helps some poor soul thinking about building off the stag piston system..

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You hit the main problem is the pins for the gas piston block.  I would say put the gas piston block on the stag barrel and have ADCO chop the barrel down for you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
^Thats exactly what i did...adco does great work.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a stag 8t and I am planning a pistol build. Does the 8 and 8t have the same block?

Could chopping the barrel and recrowning/threading be the only option and is that even a good idea?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^Thats exactly what i did...adco does great work.
View Quote

Do you have pics?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top