Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 10:00:50 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience or comments on the Colt 6940P.

The good and bad of this rifle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read nothing but very positive things about the 6940P, I just ordered one, should have it in about a week.

I like what Colt did with the piston and carrier let alone the rest of the rifle. I believe it has a SOCOM barrel too from what has been posted.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I purchased mine in April of 13 and I love it.  Very slick design IMO..  Mine does have a SOCOM profile barrel with the cutouts.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purchased mine in April of 13 and I love it.  Very slick design IMO..  Mine does have a SOCOM profile barrel with the cutouts.
View Quote

No, no, no. You're supposed to say its a piece of shit. I've been on the fence about one, your comment isn't helping things
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I owned one for a short while but traded it off because something else caught my eye.  The gun ran fine and shot well in the time I owned it.  I even used the upper briefly on a select fire lower and it ran like a top in full-auto.

Complaints are:  No suppressor setting and carbine length forend.  

Anyway, if and when I find a good deal on one, I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like mine. Though I've run only about 300 rounds through it so far, it ran great. I've got the older style with the bolt carrier that has a staked blank gas key, instead of the newer version with the one piece carrier. I've not seen any hint of bolt carrier tilt.

The best part, of course, is that by rerouting the plumbing to the front instead of the back the upper/lower receiver assembly, bolt carrier assembly, and internal bits stay *much* cleaner. No scraping carbon deposits in/around the bolt and bolt carrier. Some guys on here say they don't care, it isn't a problem, etc. But each to their own. I prefer not having to spend an hour cleaning the BCA alone. Which I DO on my traditional ARs. My only wish is that I could find one of the Colt piston uppers with the 14.5" barrel. Been looking. Making inquiries. No luck so far.

I hope you get your questions answered.

R.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top