Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2014 8:04:28 PM EDT
Now that we can have SBRs in WA I am looking hard at PWS, I have one of their rifles and love it. The one concern I do have is the can, I am running an AAC SDN 762 and curious how it will perform on a 10.5 556 SBR.

Are there other piston driven options that are more reliable? I am leaning more towards a 10.5 length.

Thanks in advance

MP
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Now that we can have SBRs in WA I am looking hard at PWS, I have one of their rifles and love it. The one concern I do have is the can, I am running an AAC SDN 762 and curious how it will perform on a 10.5 556 SBR.

Are there other piston driven options that are more reliable? I am leaning more towards a 10.5 length.

Thanks in advance

MP
View Quote

The AAC SDN 762 will be able to handle a 10.5" in 5.56 no problem. I have a PWS MK110 (10.75") with a Saker 556. As far as reliability goes, it's hard to beat a PWS which is based on the AK operating system. I like the fact that the gas system can be fine-tuned. Not many piston systems out there have 4 gas settings let alone 2 dedicated to suppressor use only.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to know
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,

You might want to take a look at PWS MK107 in 7.62x39.  PWS is going to be doing another run now they have a source of consistently reliable AR mags (not ASC .  ) An acquaintance of mine just ran 300 trouble free rounds/0 jams in testing at Fort Bragg this week with a PWS Mk 107 in a demo.  The barrel is 0.310" with a 1-8" twist, and its Isonited.  The PWS 5.56 is is fine but there's something to be said about a PWS 7.62x39 M107 shooting a ball round at 2000 fps out of a 7.5" barrel and 1100 foot lbs of energy when you already are set up with a 7.62 silencer.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
300 Blackout is a hell of a lot better choice than x39

The PWS uppers are gtg
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't run the new Mk1 series rifles with the adjustable gas settings but I do have one of the original 300 Blackout 9' uppers.  

I have used my AAC 762-SDN-6 extensively on the MK109 upper and can tell you that there's a ton of fouling that makes its way back into the upper through the gas tube.  Piston guns in general still suffer from blowback just like a conventional DI gun but the PWS fouls worse than other designs in this regard, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't run the new Mk1 series rifles with the adjustable gas settings but I do have one of the original 300 Blackout 9' uppers.  

I have used my AAC 762-SDN-6 extensively on the MK109 upper and can tell you that there's a ton of fouling that makes its way back into the upper through the gas tube.  Piston guns in general still suffer from blowback just like a conventional DI gun but the PWS fouls worse than other designs in this regard, in my opinion.
View Quote

You found this only to be the case with their 300BLK variant or you think it is the lack of adjustable gas? I am running a MK112 with a Surefire FA556-212 and, while I do have the standard fouling, I'm not seeing anything near as much as my Daniel Defense. On mine, it is just the bolt and a small part of the carrier, in which receives the fouling.

Currently running mine with a red spring and H3 buffer as well, and have it on position 4, for my adjustable gas setting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
there's a ton of fouling that makes its way back into the upper through the gas tube
View Quote

What gas tube are you referring to?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top