Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2014 3:26:20 PM EDT
I've been so pleased with my mk110 upper that I've decided to change out my remaining DI upper for another PWS.

I've been looking for a PWS mk112 mod1.  I haven't seen any on the EE and only a few on Gunbroker for about $1300 after shipping and CC fees.  Most online retailers are out of stock on this upper or are higher priced than Gunbroker.

Is PWS not making as many of these?  Are they still being made?   Am I not seeing them on the used market because not many people own them or because those that have them don't want to sell?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]

People who have them don't want to separate with them.
I seldom see PWS uppers on the used market.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been so pleased with my mk110 upper that I've decided to change out my remaining DI upper for another PWS.

I've been looking for a PWS mk112 mod1.  I haven't seen any on the EE and only a few on Gunbroker for about $1300 after shipping and CC fees.  Most online retailers are out of stock on this upper or are higher priced than Gunbroker.

Is PWS not making as many of these?  Are they still being made?   Am I not seeing them on the used market because not many people own them or because those that have them don't want to sell?
View Quote

Try www.riflegear.com if you haven't yet.  They have stocked most of the uppers since the MOD1 came out last year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a gentleman on calguns.net that goes by the name Audiophil2. I bought my pws mk114 mod1 upper from him brand new for 1299 shipped. He is located in arizona and is a dealer for Pws. Go private message him on calguns and he can get it for you. Only issue is it will take a little long because he has to order it from pws if he doesnt have one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I can find them new for $1300, I was more just curious about the lack of mk112's available en masse.   I've seen plenty of other uppers that are new and sub $1,000 uppers on the EE, but those were mk110 and mk107's.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
With half a dozen or so options why a 110 and 112 rather than something a little more different like a 110 and 114 or 110 and 116?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to go with a mk114, but they're only sold with pinned flash hiders and I'll be putting a Saker flash hider on this upper.  If the mk114 were sold as NFA uppers, I'd buy one and have the Saker mount pinned to it and I still have a 16" DD upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would like to go with a mk114, but they're only sold with pinned flash hiders and I'll be putting a Saker flash hider on this upper.  If the mk114 were sold as NFA uppers, I'd buy one and have the Saker mount pinned to it and I still have a 16" DD upper.
View Quote

Last time I talked to Stacey at PWS he said they will ship uppers with the muzzle device unpinned at the customer's request.  You might have to wait a little while for them to run the next batch, but you should be able to order what you want.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Last time I talked to Stacey at PWS he said they will ship uppers with the muzzle device unpinned at the customer's request.  You might have to wait a little while for them to run the next batch, but you should be able to order what you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I assume pay MSRP for the privilege?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or you can buy it here?: http://www.gungalleryjax.com/armory/pc/PWS-MK114-no-muzzle-device-39p467.htm

I was actually shocked that it came up in google at a PWS dealer's site!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard of PWS doing some pretty custom stuff at request.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the responses and links.  It looks like they're out there, but none come up on the used market, unfortunately.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top