Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2014 5:54:01 PM EDT
Just returned from a range trip with my new  PWS MK116.  Rifle functioned flawlessly as I expected.  Upon disassembly and cleaning I noticed these gouges in the upper.  I'm a bit concerned because they look deeper than a a little scratch on the finish.  I've got a total of 180 rounds through this rifle and hope wiser men than I will be able to tell me what these gouges might indicate.  Should I be concerned?

</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]

NP3 coated Roller Cam Pin. Standard AR cam pins feature a square (steel) head that grinds along the inside of the aluminum receiver.
Link
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal. Don't worry about it over time it will smooth out
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a POF roller cam pin but it will NOT fit in my PWS for whatever reason.  The size looks identical but I can not for the life of me get it to seat into the the hole all the way. The standard cam pin drops in without any resistance but that roller cam pin seems to get stuck.  WTF?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.pof-usa.com/shop/img/p/1/5/15-large_default.jpg
NP3 coated Roller Cam Pin. Standard AR cam pins feature a square (steel) head that grinds along the inside of the aluminum receiver.
Link
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
do you have their gas key with the cut out for it? the link i provided is for the upgrade kit. i have no problems with mine
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah ha I see.  I don't have the cut out gas key.  That explains it. thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the reassurance.  I see your in ID, any chance you are affiliated with PWS?

Quoted:
Normal. Don't worry about it over time it will smooth out
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#7]
so one poster advised me that the wear I have in my upper is normal.  Is that the general consensus?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
so one poster advised me that the wear I have in my upper is normal.  Is that the general consensus?
View Quote

Yes, that is the norm for piston systems. After a bit, the wear will stop and it will continue to function just fine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#9]
whew, good news.  Had a little anxiety there for a moment.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been running the POF roller cam pin from day one on my PWS Mk110 and I still have gouging. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#11]
No I'm not just a fan who owns many
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been running the POF roller cam pin from day one on my PWS Mk110 and I still have gouging. Just sayin.
View Quote

Same here in my mk116 mod1, the wear looks very similar to what the op posted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1, just checked mine and the same thing. I've put about 4000 rounds through mine and not a single problem. Cheers.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top