Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2014 3:41:18 PM EDT
Has anyone found a sling quick connect mount that works on a PWS key mod rail? I purchased one from Bravo but it does not seem to fit ,holes don't line up correctly.  I don't like having the sling at the rear of the hand guard.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
So yiu are saying the keymod sling attachment point does not line up with the actual keymod hole on the rail? I didnt know it had to but I guess now that you mention it..
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct, the sling quick connect seems to bottom out against the rail, will not insert all the way. I have tried loosening and repositioning the mount, but no dice. It will only lock up when it is removed from the rail/ have also tried several different quick connects.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Impact Weapons Components is the one you need.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure that is the one I have now, will double check tonight .
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried the BCM keymod QD mount?  It is steel and awesome!  I have 2 on KMR rails and they work great.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had the same problem with a Blueforce sling which PWS used to sell on their website. They said it should fit the keymod holes, but it doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:37:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had the same problem with a Blueforce sling which PWS used to sell on their website. They said it should fit the keymod holes, but it doesn't.
View Quote

Me too... The only keymod hole my BFG sling (or any sling with a QD for that matter) is the one closest to the muzzle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I have not tried any other , was hoping someone could confirm the one I need before I buy another one. I do have the impact weapons model, guess I will try the BCM and see how it works.  My sling will plug direct into the aft holes but not the forward ones for some reason. Also going to try and call PWS again and see if they can recommend any certain brand of Key Mod accessories . I thought they were all supposed to be interchange able.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm running the IWC QD cup on three different PWS keymods, the IWS logo needs to be facing up toward
the top rail and the little retention tab faces forward toward the muzzle where it hooks over the slot in front
of the one it's secured in. Here's a closeup of exactly how it will look when mounted correctly.

Try it again, the IWC is the correct QD attachment for the PWS keymod.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#10]
never mind
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm running the IWC QD cup on three different PWS keymods, the IWS logo needs to be facing up toward
the top rail and the little retention tab faces forward toward the muzzle where it hooks over the slot in front
of the one it's secured in. Here's a closeup of exactly how it will look when mounted correctly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/OMEGANOX/IWSQD_zps6b458571.jpg

View Quote

This from PWS "the first keymod slot in the front of your hand guard at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions should accept your QD swivel and lock it in. Try it out and let us know if you have other questions at ..."

So you have to get an attachment if you want to mount it somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#12]
[Jump To Reply]Quoted:

I have not been able to get to my gun this weekend , will try it again tonight. I did call PWS and they had no idea why it would not work.
Thanks for your reply and pics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This from PWS "the first keymod slot in the front of your hand guard at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions should accept your QD swivel and lock it in. Try it out and let us know if you have other questions at ..."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, I have not been able to get any of my QD's to plug into the forward end 3 & 9 o'clock holes ,only the aft ones near the receiver.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]
correct no QD cups at the muzzle end only the receiver end @9 and 3 o'clock
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got it to work finally. I did have it upside down. But I also had to move it to the rear and insert the QD with the bolts loose, then tighten the bolts. I think it had something to do with the oblong nuts not lining up correctly for me.
Thanks for your help!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top