Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2014 3:28:51 AM EDT
I want to build a 16" carbine and use the Osprey gas system. I like the overall design and its simple construction.
Are you happy with yours? Would you buy another one?
Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the earlier ones and have had zero issues with it. I would buy it again
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Deleted.

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP...
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes & Yes.  It's a great system and I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have owned a Sig 516, two AA uppers, and a homebuild NiB Ops 416. I still own the 416... the others are sold off. I have nothing against AA or Sig. Great rifles! Not for me. The Ops is worry free, can be converted back to DI, has very few parts compared to other pistons,  and no springs. I would buy it again and highly recommend it. Draw backs are rails/ hand guard options without modifications, it can get smoking hot quick near the piston, and you cannot easily remove the piston and rod for cleaning. However, it doesn't require alot of cleaning.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top