Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 2:50:15 PM EDT
Does anyone have an update on the Syrac Ordnance Piston System?  I cant get a reply to them from emails or calls on an ETA.  Just wondering if anyone had better luck?  I have been holding off on a build as from what I understand this will fit under a Bravo Company KMR 13" rail.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the AA XLP was the answer to the piston system not fitting under most rail systems.  I could be wrong, but I believe that is it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe that the AA XLP was the answer to the piston system not fitting under most rail systems.  I could be wrong, but I believe that is it.
View Quote

I highly doubt that. AA has only named 3 handguards that will fit without modifications.

OP I haven't heard anymore on Syrac Ordnance piston system, and if you are having a hard time contacting them is that the route you want to go if something goes wrong?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I highly doubt that. AA has only named 3 handguards that will fit without modifications.

OP I haven't heard anymore on Syrac Ordnance piston system, and if you are having a hard time contacting them is that the route you want to go if something goes wrong?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These forums know that I'm no fan boy of AA.  I like their stuff, but still have a chapped ass.  The op asked for some advice, I gave it.  What do you highly doubt?  Have you looked into the AA XLP?  It appears that it will be sold separately or as an option in a new kit.  

The XLP block is our extra low-profile gas block designed to fit under most rails. This gas block and selector is compatible with all other Adams Arms components including drive rod, spring & bushing and bolt carrier. You can now purchase this block solo to upgrade your existing Adams Arms kit, rifle, or upper. This gas block is installed using set screws and fits barrels that are .750" in diameter at the gas seat.

The XLP gas block has 5 gas settings to choose from for the shooter to more finely tune their rifle. 100%/75%/50%/25%/0

This block and selector can replace your existing block and gas plug.

Weight:.35lbs

Compatible with the Adams Arms piston system only.

THIS ITEM WILL SHIP AUGUST 1ST

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

These forums know that I'm no fan boy of AA.  I like their stuff, but still have a chapped ass.  The op asked for some advice, I gave it.  What do you highly doubt?  Have you looked into the AA XLP?  It appears that it will be sold separately or as an option in a new kit.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The XLP block is our extra low-profile gas block designed to fit under most rails. This gas block and selector is compatible with all other Adams Arms components including drive rod, spring & bushing and bolt carrier. You can now purchase this block solo to upgrade your existing Adams Arms kit, rifle, or upper. This gas block is installed using set screws and fits barrels that are .750" in diameter at the gas seat.

The XLP gas block has 5 gas settings to choose from for the shooter to more finely tune their rifle. 100%/75%/50%/25%/0

This block and selector can replace your existing block and gas plug.

Weight:.35lbs

Compatible with the Adams Arms piston system only.

THIS ITEM WILL SHIP AUGUST 1ST

I highly doubt "that the AA XLP was the answer to the piston system not fitting under most rail system." AA has already been on to list rails that the XLP will fit under without any modifications to the rail or piston system and its only 3 rails. Have you not seen them get hell for telling tall tales of their XLP fitting under all handguards to then most major handguards to now only 3 handguards without modifications; therefore, I highly doubt they are the answer to having a piston system fit under most handguards.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#5]
AA Piston kit will not work with the KMR.  The only one that is rumored to is the Syrac Piston System but no one can give an ETA even though I hear a few weeks 4mo ago.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't Syrac tease about this system WAY back in '12? I'd say either it's not going to happen (since it hasn't yet) or they are now the only manufacturer to have a longer "release" time than Magpul!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I seem to remember Syrac talking about releasing stuff a couple of years ago as well.  Isn't the owner one of the Adams brothers that left AA?  I could be very wrong here, but it's just something that I thought I remembered.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I seem to remember Syrac talking about releasing stuff a couple of years ago as well.  Isn't the owner one of the Adams brothers that left AA?  I could be very wrong here, but it's just something that I thought I remembered.
View Quote

This is what I remember reading also, he separated from AA... wondering if he was planning on the system being the same as the xlp but is having issues getting it to fit under a handguard. If it was possible I feel like it would be done. If you think about it, the only real rifle manufacuters  piston system that works with other rails is the AA. Everything else is proprietary or the handguard cant be changed out.

Kind of weird not a single company has dont it yet. AA had the balls to try but failed. I feel like syrac knows they have to nail it because theres no way a company that small could handle a fackup like the xlp gas system.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top