Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2014 6:16:04 AM EDT
thinking of picking up new rifle . i'm torn between sig 556 xi or adams arms mid tact elite from buds gun.who has one?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a mid evo from AA and love it. shoots smooth and accurately, i have yet to have any kind of failures. i would bet my life on my AA Rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
If you military or LE, Sig offers a nice discount through their authorized dealers.  I have heard awesome things about the XXI.  One of the AA that I have has served me well.  I would avoid Buds like the plague.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a good hard look at PWS. I like their piston design. Gotta love long stroke.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a good hard look at PWS. I like their piston design. Gotta love long stroke.
View Quote

Ohh ya.  If I could afford a PWS, that would be my first choice.  Not only is it a great system, it's a veteran owned company.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an Adam Arms Piston AR-15. Love it and has never failed me!! However for the price that you can get a POF for now on a site I came across (gotammollc), I picked up a POF and hands down the AA AR-15 is not in the same class. I paid almost the same price for the AA as I did for the POF. Love both firearms but they are night and day and I don't think anyone can compete with POF on the piston AR platform.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have an Adam Arms Piston AR-15. Love it and has never failed me!! However for the price that you can get a POF for now on a site I came across (gotammollc), I picked up a POF and hands down the AA AR-15 is not in the same class. I paid almost the same price for the AA as I did for the POF. Love both firearms but they are night and day and I don't think anyone can compete with POF on the piston AR platform.
View Quote

This is the second post I have seen from you (and you only have 3 posts) touting how great POF is and the site you reference.  Also POF is here in Arizona and you are too.  Are you a shill for the company?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Comparing a POF to a AA is not a fair comparison. They're in two very different price and build quality zones.
How you managed to find an POF and AA near the same prices means either someone didn't know what the POF was and radically underpriced themselves, or someone was bait fishing for foolish buyers who'd pay a 2x more than a AA is fairly valued at.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
No selling in the Tech Forums. - Old_Painless
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I owned an AA 14.5" mid-length Tactical Elite.  Sweet rifle, but wanted lighter weight, so I sold it and bought an EVO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as you buy it new, it's a great rifle.  If you have the money, I'd look at the LWRC IC or the PWS.  But again, the AA mid-length is a great rifle.  Get the one with the Samson rail if your going that route.  It's light, strong, and not a huge 4 sided monster of a rail.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Comparing a POF to a AA is not a fair comparison. They're in two very different price and build quality zones.
How you managed to find an POF and AA near the same prices means either someone didn't know what the POF was and radically underpriced themselves, or someone was bait fishing for foolish buyers who'd pay a 2x more than a AA is fairly valued at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well this individuals first post is also a main topic in the gasbpiston section right now asking if the pof is worth it so, they went from wanting to buy one from this gotammo place to owning one and having it long enough to compare it to the AA system. Funny that other thread ainokea started shows them asking if they should get it followed by a bunch of people bitching about the pof system and its cs, qc. Now anokea highly recommend s it for a great price!

Oh an anokea, there are ple ty of piston rifle manufacturers who can conpete with pof..
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top