Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2014 8:05:40 PM EDT
New guy with question on first piston rifle. I am not new to ARs (have a couple) but never owned a piston driven rifle. I am thinking of buying an Adams Arms 14.5 Mid Tac Evo Rifle 5.56 (Pinned Flash Hider) for 999$. I want the gun for a truck/tractor gun. I like the size and furniture. I do not want to build a rifle. Opinions? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Being that I have a 7.5" Adams Arms upper I may be a little biased but I love my AA upper system.  
She really does run like a top.  I was worried at first that the upper may not run because of some of the reviews I read online so I purchased the least inexpensive model and once I realized she was a great runner did my upgrading.  That being said, I know you do not want to build an AA but with the upper being such a rock solid performer I would not hesitate to buy a complete rifle from them.  Many of the fine folks on here are a fan of the more costly piston driven systems (and yes you do get what you pay for with those systems as well, no bashing here), however I believe AA has been around long enough to have a very reliable and proven system and their customer service is top notch from what I hear.  I have not had to use their customer service however though so that part is only hearsay, but they are always on the boards here trying to make things right and standing behind their products.

Buds has some specials on some AA blemished rifles and carbines in 16" that you may want to check out, at least they did as of rather recently.  I have heard rather raving reviews about them, however I have also read 1 thread about an unsatisfied customer as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being that I have a 7.5" Adams Arms upper I may be a little biased but I love my AA upper system.  
She really does run like a top.  I was worried at first that the upper may not run because of some of the reviews I read online so I purchased the least inexpensive model and once I realized she was a great runner did my upgrading.  That being said, I know you do not want to build an AA but with the upper being such a rock solid performer I would not hesitate to buy a complete rifle from them.  Many of the fine folks on here are a fan of the more costly piston driven systems (and yes you do get what you pay for with those systems as well, no bashing here), however I believe AA has been around long enough to have a very reliable and proven system and their customer service is top notch from what I hear.  I have not had to use their customer service however though so that part is only hearsay, but they are always on the boards here trying to make things right and standing behind their products.

Buds has some specials on some AA blemished rifles and carbines in 16" that you may want to check out, at least they did as of rather recently.  I have heard rather raving reviews about them, however I have also read 1 thread about an unsatisfied customer as well
View Quote

I'd avoid this route.  If you chose this, please make sure you go over every inch of that rifle before doing the paperwork.  I wish I had done that myself, but I thought AA was better than that.  I thought wrong..... I am not the only one.  The more I research this, the more I have found others who have also received garbage riles.  There is to much competition out there in this industry to settle for a gamble.  Best of luck to you sir in your choice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'd avoid this route.  If you chose this, please make sure you go over every inch of that rifle before doing the paperwork.  I wish I had done that myself, but I thought AA was better than that.  I thought wrong..... I am not the only one.  The more I research this, the more I have found others who have also received garbage riles.  There is to much competition out there in this industry to settle for a gamble.  Best of luck to you sir in your choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buds has some specials on some AA blemished rifles and carbines in 16" that you may want to check out, at least they did as of rather recently.  I have heard rather raving reviews about them, however I have also read 1 thread about an unsatisfied customer as well

If you were the one thread I read, I did not mean any disrespect and also agree that those are alot of blems once all stacked up on each other, however I did not want to hijack this thread.  Good call though either way though as far as definitely check that rifle over before you take possession.  Dang PSA spoiling us with all of their "blems".
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top