Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2014 10:43:23 PM EDT

Hey guys, wanted to ask you what your experiences were with the Rainier Arms 16" Middy Piston Upper.

FO or No FO?

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a REALLY good deal! It's an AA Moe upper that usually goes for $700ish. AA's have gone way up in price in recent years. Other than the Bud's blem specials, there haven't been many deals on them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's a REALLY good deal! It's an AA Moe upper that usually goes for $700ish. AA's have gone way up in price in recent years. Other than the Bud's blem specials, there haven't been many deals on them.
View Quote

Yeah, comes with a Melonite/black nitraded barrel and RA comp.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All AA uppers come with Voodoo Innovations melonite barrels. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to go.
As stated earlier, private labeled Adams Arms piston upper but with a Magpul handguard and ??? muzzle device instead of the standard A2 / Manimal choice they offer.
Very fairly priced too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
That is the same upper i have and im very satistfied with it.
That muzzle device helps quite a bit.  Plus Rainier Arms have a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have the means, I'd opt for the Rainier Arms Force upper going for $695.00.  Comes with the RA free float EVO/Keymod handguard!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you have the means, I'd opt for the Rainier Arms Force upper going for $695.00. Comes with the RA free float EVO/Keymod handguard!
View Quote

For another build, maybe. I want mine to have drop in handguards because in the future I'm planning on getting the VLTOR CASV for it.

Not my pic, another Arfcommer's pic. And it looks sweet too.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Ok, just put in the order for the Piston upper along with Daniel Defense front and rear sights.

Can't wait till it comes in!

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Good call, I am rocking DD irons on my AA 7.5 and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Good call, I am rocking DD irons on my AA 7.5 and couldn't be happier.
View Quote

Doesn't the rear DD fixed sight have a mechanism that prevents the adjustments from being easily manipulated?

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I believe the tool to adjust the rear sight is called a  "rear sight adjustment tool".  Or maybe its an A1 style rear sight adjustment tool, either way mine were pretty good to go out of the box aside from front sight post elevation(I believe its because the sights weren't zeroed on a pistol, if at all).  Luckily for me I did not have to adjust my rear sight, but it seems you could use a small punch, allen key, or maybe even a bullet nose tip to push in the pin that keeps the rear windage wheel/sight from moving.

Personally I love the fact that you do need tools to adjust the rear sight as I don't have to worry about rezeroing my gun every time I throw it in a bag or accidentally bump my adjustments while lugging it around.  Not that rezeroing A2 style sights is all that hard, especially if you marked your zeros, but for a SHTF scenario it seems like one less thing to have to worry about.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I emailed Rainier about building me the same upper, but using their Ultra Match barrel instead of the voodoo. Still waiting to hear back.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Any word from Rainier Arms?
I like their Raptor AMbi Charge handle.
What is the quality of there rifles and or uppers? I'm interested in a midlength.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
That rifle looks like an AA with Rainier Arms add on's.  I would think it would be a great rifle.  Rainier Arms has always done me right.  Every time that I have been in their store, I have always walked away a satisfied customer.  In my opinion, if Rainier Arms is going to put their name on something, it's going to be of excellent quality.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#15]
If I had any need or excuse or money for another 5.56 piston upper, I'd FO like the wind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any word from Rainier Arms?
I like their Raptor AMbi Charge handle.
What is the quality of there rifles and or uppers? I'm interested in a midlength.
View Quote

Rainer's are rebranded Adams Arms with Rainer components produced by 3rd party contract manufacturers
(Proprietary Samson designed rail for instance.)
If you were planning on purchasing a rifle and adding a number of Rainer components, this is a less expensive out the box solution vs. individual component purchass.
But overall the rifle is no better than the Adams it's based on.
It's an Adams with factory warrantied bling if you will.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]
EXTREMELY GOOD DEAL. BUY WITH TONS OF CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top