Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well i got it in, and looks great. the finish seems a little ruff which is most likely because it did not anodize properly. which means it will probability scratch easily.  thus the blem. you wont see a discolor, or a two tone. its an even coat of black. not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. for the everyday shooter they will never notice the difference. the hard shooter, will paint the rifle, refinish it with sarria coat black, or love the fact that it wears easy to show off how tier 1 they are with a worn down rifle, cause we all know only bad ass mother fuckers have worn out receivers.

cons:
- no sites
- possible prone to scratching  
- i do have a good amount of play between the upper and lower.
- my dust cover does pop open like others have said, with further inspection it will pop open with the play between upper and lower ESP if there is a mag loaded in. it wont even stay closed.

pros:
- Adam Arms complete rifle for 599$ shipped.
- voodoo 1/7 5.56 NATO barrel
- M4 ramps
- piston driven  
- Mennonite BCG

hopefully ill be able to shoot it in a week or two.
to see how it performs

all in all, great buy.

View Quote

Contact them and ship it to them. They've stated they had a run of upper receivers with the port door detents not done properly. I'm not sure how something like that leaves the door... but it did, and with a standing warranty they are obligated to fix it (as they've already done so for numerous others).
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nice, although I'm pretty sure mine came with the rare Amish BCG!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well i got it in, and looks great. the finish seems a little ruff which is most likely because it did not anodize properly. which means it will probability scratch easily.  thus the blem. you wont see a discolor, or a two tone. its an even coat of black. not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. for the everyday shooter they will never notice the difference. the hard shooter, will paint the rifle, refinish it with sarria coat black, or love the fact that it wears easy to show off how tier 1 they are with a worn down rifle, cause we all know only bad ass mother fuckers have worn out receivers.

cons:
- no sites
- my dust cover does pop open like others have said, with further inspection it will pop open with the play between upper and lower ESP if there is a mag loaded in. it wont even stay closed.

pros:
- M4 ramps
- piston driven  
- Mennonite BCG

to see how it performs

all in all, great buy.

Hysterical. I was thinking same thing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cons:
- no sites

pros:
- M4 ramps
- piston driven  
- Mennonite BCG

to see how it performs

all in all, great buy.

Well played. Clearly my iPhone auto correct got me once again! Oh well!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up my "BLEM" gun last monday, took it home and stripped it down and cleaned the shipping oil from it, inspected it for flaws and defects and found NONE, fit and finish is perfect, took it to the range the next day to sight in my eotech and ran around 30 rounds thru it, after the first round failed to go bang, I was nervous but the rest fired flawlessly, with 1/2 in 3 round groups at 50 yards, I could not be happier with a new rifle, more to follow
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Took my $599 Adams Arms out for the 3rd time today and ran 100 rounds through it. Super happy with this rifle. 400 flawless rounds to date.

I took my Holosun Red Dot off and threw on my Bushnell Elite tactical 10x40 and my AAC SDN-762-6 Suppressor on just to check accuracy and see how it runs suppressed. I'm very impressed. Tiny 10 shot groups at 50 yards with WalMart Bulk valuepak 223 Federal ammo.

It ran fantastic with the suppressor. The gas adjustment is very well tuned. It even ran cleaner than unsuppressed...less fouling and no noticeable blowback/gasface. It's no 300BLK, but Surprisingly quiet for 223. AA did a great job with the gas system.

I also continue to be impressed with my Holosun red dot. Took the 10x scope off and remounted my Holosun, returned to perfect zero. It is waterproof to 10 ft, 50,000 hour battery life, and seems very well made. I don't know if it will hold up to the abuse of an Aimpoint micro, but it appears to be just as well built as my micro, and for 1/4 of the price of an Aimpoint, I will definitely buy another!

And I also wouldn't hesitate to buy another Adams Arms rifle for $599! It is well worth almost twice that in my opinion. Just a tiny step down in terms of fit and finish from the 2 LWRCs I own. And I love the fact that the gas system is adjustable for my suppressor. My LWRCs require you to switch the buffer for regular suppressed use and I have seen many LWRCs chew up the piston springs and piston cup when ran suppressed for a couple of hundred rounds. I think the AA piston system is better designed for suppressor use than the Legacy M6 LWRC piston system. The newer LWRC piston system on their IC SPR rifles seems to have corrected this problem.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I slapped some Flat Dark Earth Magpul furniture on my $599 AA Carbine along with a Geissele Trigger and an AAC flashhider for my AAC Suppressor. My $599 rifle is starting to get expensive :) Wish the Magpul FDE was more like the color of my FDE Glock. But digging it anyway.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just now noticed that ALL of these pics of the blem rifles have the buttstock sling loop missing. What's the deal with that? Weird.

I'm so jealous I didn't get in on this deal, you guys got a steal! The pictured rifles look BEAUTIFUL! Congrats everyone!
View Quote
I have no use for the buttstock sling.  I have a QD adapter for the slot & another type to mount to the gas block rail.  I use the same Boonie packer sling for all AR's.  

My AA is on order, not shipped, yet.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone put on different handguards other the the MOE's from Magpul?  I'm looking at UTG Rail Carbine Length Super Slim Free Floating Handguard MTU005SS but can't seem to find anyone that's attempted this yet.  I've started a new post with that question "will they fit? ".  I'd like to see some pic's of any guns with other rails on them.  The UTG seems to be good and priced right.  I've looked at all the ones that adams arms says will work but I'm looking to see if there's others. Any feedback would be appreciated....
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got mine today, two small marks on the upper and one on the lower near the trigger guard, great bargain in my opinion. I stripped off the factory furniture and replaced with Magpul stealth gray.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7355/13999720390_54b1393aee_c.jpg
View Quote

The stealth grey looks good on it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I think someone else on this site stated the UTG super slim will not work due to the different size barrel nut.  I have the UTG pro on mine and it works fine.  CDNN has LWRC rails at a good price and since they use the standard barrel nut they should work too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
just placed my order for the middy
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Took mine out for the 4th time yesterday. Another 100 rounds. Still flawless through 500 rounds unsuppressed and suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Has anyone put on different handguards other the the MOE's from Magpul?  I'm looking at UTG Rail Carbine Length Super Slim Free Floating Handguard MTU005SS but can't seem to find anyone that's attempted this yet.  I've started a new post with that question "will they fit? ".  I'd like to see some pic's of any guns with other rails on them.  The UTG seems to be good and priced right.  I've looked at all the ones that adams arms says will work but I'm looking to see if there's others. Any feedback would be appreciated....
View Quote
I like the standard handguards.  I bought the same rails & vertical grip as this one.  Also, the Hogue Handall.
Front QD will attach to gas port rail.

Will look almost like this, except it's a middy instead of carbine. This one is an CMMG AR-22 upper on NFA poly lower.

I use the same bipod & sling for all.

Can swap for scope, too.
http://home.comcast.net/~smithmonte/images/firearms/cmmg_sierra_upper_strikefire.jpg

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

In another thread, AA has stated that the UTG Pro Slim's barrel nut is far too long to work with the piston spring/cup. It would take some serious alterations to make that combo work (if the top channel even clears the rod), thus kind of negating the cost savings.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Middy w/Vltor EMOD & Vortex Strikefire I R/G

Optics can be changed in about 1 minute.

Beamshot 5000 red laser on gas block.
http://home.comcast.net/~smithmonte/images/firearms/adams_arms.jpg

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
how is buds shipping? slow/fast/non-existent
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Dang it, I was trying to not buy anymore guns for awhile.  Then you had to post this.  Just ordered one and paid via credit card as I didn't want to wait 5 days for a check to clear.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#18]
my tracking shows its been in the same place since the 3rd

Delivered!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Do these rifles take regular buffer tubes?

I have a stock I want to put on and it is commercial sized and if I am not mistaken the Adam Arms comes with Mil-Spec.  I already have the commercial buffer tube lying around.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Do these rifles take regular buffer tubes?

I have a stock I want to put on and it is commercial sized and if I am not mistaken the Adam Arms comes with Mil-Spec.  I already have the commercial buffer tube lying around.
View Quote
Buffer tube threads are the same size, Mil-Spec or Commercial.  AA is Mil-Spec; just tried my Vltor Mil-Spec Emod on it.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Thanks.  My rifle is supposed to arrive at the local shop tomorrow so I will report back when I get my hands on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys, just joined this forum and I just wanted to say I bought one of the AA AR15 Carbine length blems from Bud's this past Thursday and I am just waiting for it to be ready to be picked up at the FFL. I am glad to see that most people are having positive experience with their AA blems and all the cool customization you all are doing! This will be my first AR15 and I am super excited and looking at all the pictures being uploaded to this thread has me researching some modifications I want to do with mine when it comes in. I found this link on AA's official page regarding compatible hand-guards and free float rails for their piston systems:

http://www.adamsarms.net/faq#qa1

My question is the series of rails they have listed compatible with the carbine seem significantly larger then what seems possible with the length of the piston system on the carbine model. Like I said I am a AR newbie and just wanted to see if I could get some clarification on finding a compatible free floating rail for my AA carbine blem and how it would fit around the piston.

I figured this would be on topic with this thread since everyone is showing their customized AA blems!

Also, hopefully my blem is as in good condition and some of the ones I have seen on this thread! Fingers Crossed!!

Thanks,

Tahd
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Got my carbine length on Friday and it looks great.
Minor surface blems on the finish, but nothing that you can see from 3 ft away.
The trigger needs nothing, it is sweet for what it is.
Overall it's a GREAT buy!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Exact same problem mine had-on initial inspection I thought it was perfect but for the scratches on the dust cover- then when I had time to really work it over, this popped up. Took my armorer buddy three minutes to fix.  I also called Adams to get the manual- glad I did, as you have to adjust the gas plug to use a suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Cant wait till my "blemished" mid length gets here! I'll post some pics of the ugliness if I can find any, hahahaha
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#26]
What are you guys using to outline the logos and imprints?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Are these blem rifles still available ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are these blem rifles still available ?
View Quote

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/36_1100/Rifles/Adams+Arms
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#29]
What sights ware you guys using with these rifles?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What are you guys using to outline the logos and imprints?
View Quote
Crayola Crayons or Lacquer Stik.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/engraving-tools-supplies/inlay-color-fill-sticks/lacquer-stik--prod7778.aspx

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What sights ware you guys using with these rifles?

View Quote
Vortex Strikefire.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the replies.
Finally got mine out to the range yesterday and it ran flawlessly.
Vortex Crossfire 2, 1-4x24.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#33]
For those that haven't ordered or received their order, just please go over your rifle really good before you do the paperwork.  It appears from the conversations on here that the majority are just fine out of the box.  But I am not alone in being one of the unlucky ones who got a much less than stellar blem.  From my understanding, as long as you don't do the paperwork, you can refuse it, send it back, and request a different blem.  If you do the paperwork and catch it after, your on your own.  Don't count on Buds to give a rip about you or be honest in how they handle things.  Hopefully most if not all won't have to worry about it.  I just don't want to see anyone get in a jam.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I am sorry to hear you had a problem but Bud's is pretty clear to have you check the rifle over before you accept it.  At least the salesman I talked to on the phone when I ordered mine was very clear about that.  I think most shops that sell via the internet are similar in that once you have the gun transferred the gun to you at that point you need to deal with the manufacturer and not them.  I understand you are unhappy with the purchase but I think slamming Bud's is not being fair.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just received my Samson Evo for my Carbine. I got it because I am having the rifle cerakoted in Partiot Brown this week and needed a rail for the project. I will post pics when it is done.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I pulled the trigger and order one of the mid-length blem rifles.  I have to say I couldn't find a flaw on it.  It locks up tight, finish is even and the trigger isn't too bad on it although I will upgrade it to a hipertouch.  I also ordered one of the Samson rails from Bud's for $120 and it is very nice.  Overall I am into this rifle for around $850 as I added a B5 SOPMOD, BAD-ASS ambi selector, BWA Comp, MOE+ grip, BCM Gunfighter and the rail. Overall I would say it is an excellent value and I'm not sure I could build a rifle with these features for much less.  Anyway here are some pictures.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Any of you guys having trouble sighting in?  I am having issues but am not sure if I am just having a run of bad luck with some scopes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#38]
No problems with mine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Any of you guys having trouble sighting in?  I am having issues but am not sure if I am just having a run of bad luck with some scopes.
View Quote

I have managed a couple of 1.5" groups at 100 yards with basic AE 5.56 55gr ammo. 2" groups have been the norm for me. I'm sure with better ammo and a better shooter it is capable of MOA.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well I pulled the trigger and order one of the mid-length blem rifles.  I have to say I couldn't find a flaw on it.  It locks up tight, finish is even and the trigger isn't too bad on it although I will upgrade it to a hipertouch.  I also ordered one of the Samson rails from Bud's for $120 and it is very nice.  Overall I am into this rifle for around $850 as I added a B5 SOPMOD, BAD-ASS ambi selector, BWA Comp, MOE+ grip, BCM Gunfighter and the rail. Overall I would say it is an excellent value and I'm not sure I could build a rifle with these features for much less.  Anyway here are some pictures.

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/sanausnol/77433bb8-7b05-4f2f-9039-b24272acf5da_zps64e7c772.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/sanausnol/IMG_0667_zps4e92b83f.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/sanausnol/IMG_0665_zps4611d598.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/sanausnol/IMG_0662_zps651ae292.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/sanausnol/327b79c7-4716-4db8-a9fa-bc763b98bfb1_zps3b72e94b.jpg
View Quote

I have a question about the rail installation. Did you have to remove the hand guard cap?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes, you will have to remove the handguard cap and the delta ring assembly for installation of the rail.  Pretty easy though, took me about 5 minutes to take off both.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#42]
My Adams Arms $599 Blem from Bud's. Being Cerakoted in Patriot Brown. Samson Extended Evo rail added.

Almost done. Can't seem to get the pins out of the gas block to get the hanguard on. The gas block is supposed to be put on with set screws, but mine has pins? And just can't get them out. My gunsmith is working on it:

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My Adams Arms $599 Blem from Bud's. Being Cerakoted in Patriot Brown. Samson Extended Evo rail added.

Almost done. Can't seem to get the pins out of the gas block to get the hanguard on. The gas block is supposed to be put on with set screws, but mine has pins? And just can't get them out. My gunsmith is working on it:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/harrishmasher/IMG_1591_zps0ca2ddd0.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/harrishmasher/IMG_1590_zpsfb25ee1f.jpg
View Quote

If you purchase an aftermarket conversion kit from AA, they include set screws for the gas block.
Their complete rifles and uppers are pinned.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Good luck with that pin. Little late to warn you now but those pins are a big bastard. Just dont give up.

Well I got my AA "blemished" mid length two days ago. Didnt really have any blemishes till I tried to take those pins out, hahahaha. I got my pins out with a air hammer and a 5lb hammer. That put a few small blems in the gas block, hahaha. Was not easy, but I will not be defeated by a little pin. Hahaha

I also ordered the Samson rail from buds as it was on sale. The rail wasn't advertised as blemished but it had some way more serious blems out of the box than the rifle. Could have sent it back, but I dont really care and I was pretty eager to go shoot this with the new rail.

Heres some pics.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m0nDo68n6iI/U-aOjO7u5fI/AAAAAAAABZI/okwm6SC77ZU/w1111-h830-no/ns1.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kI7ef4AhbGQ/U-aOs--B4II/AAAAAAAABZg/RJlZLaGGJF0/w1107-h830-no/2014-08-09_13-43-33_612.jpg

There was three small blems on the rifle itself. One on the end of the Voodoo barrel, one on the lower where it says Odessa, Fl, and one on the locking nut for the buffer tube.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-74-K05fqCrA/U-aOnWYX3VI/AAAAAAAABZQ/WrJN7xS0P-I/w1111-h830-no/image.jpeg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x6JckBctFjU/U-aOrvQgmYI/AAAAAAAABZY/eaUtkeVY3j0/w620-h830-no/image_1.jpeg

It shoots great. 80 rounds no problem. I put a Ncstar 4x32 on it, and at 100 yards the cross hairs cover the bulls eye. I had two rounds touching, I tried to say three but my buddies disagreed. Either way Im pretty happy with it. I dont really care about blems, this will be used as a tool and it will acquire more cosmetic abuse threw out its life.

I plan on getting a Magpul stock and grip and shooting alot with this fella.

My only complaint is the Samson rail had more blems than my "Blemished" rifle. Go figure.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Jeepguy88, good looking rifle, looks pretty close to one I have, my rail didn't have any blems though, that kind of sucks that they sent you a blemished rail .  Also you didn't need to remove the gas block to install the rail. I only removed the piston, took off the barrel, took off the delta ring assembly and cut off the handguard cap.  Made it pretty easy and only took me about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#46]
@sanausnol
THANKS! We almost have twins. I have my magpul moe grip on now just need the stock. Yours looks pretty sweet with the muzzle brake on there, what kind is that? I thought about cutting the hand guard thing instead of tapping the pins out. Hindsight is usually 20/20 right. Oh well its always fun over coming a challenge lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#47]
haha it is half the fun, tinkering around with them .  I have a Black Weapons Armory X-comp on it, they are a local shop here in Tucson, it works like a charm, reduces recoil and muzzle rise to almost nothing.  Congrats again on the new rifle!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Well this one is kinda of in-between. In the past I had built several ARs but got a way from them and sold all. Suddenly the bug bit me again. Buds had a special on Adams Arms mid-length piston guns so I ordered one. I built a piston gun a few years ago using an Adams kit and really liked it, so this seemed like a good chance to get back into it.

Adam Arms mid-length piston
Samson Evolution 9-Ex hand guard
Battle Link minimalist stock
Vortex 6-18x44AO scope (for the prairie dogs)
Nikon P-Series rings
Gun-Tec charging handle
45degree offset open sights
Caldwell 13-27 bipod
Condor Sling w/QD rings

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good luck with that pin. Little late to warn you now but those pins are a big bastard. Just dont give up.

Well I got my AA "blemished" mid length two days ago. Didnt really have any blemishes till I tried to take those pins out, hahahaha. I got my pins out with a air hammer and a 5lb hammer. That put a few small blems in the gas block, hahaha. Was not easy, but I will not be defeated by a little pin. Hahaha
View Quote

We are still trying to get those pins out. No luck yet. Crazy! The guy who is doing it is a manufacturer, not just a cerakote operation. He manufacturers custom ARs and 1911. He more than knows what he is doing and he still can't get the freaking pins out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jeepguy88, good looking rifle, looks pretty close to one I have, my rail didn't have any blems though, that kind of sucks that they sent you a blemished rail .  Also you didn't need to remove the gas block to install the rail. I only removed the piston, took off the barrel, took off the delta ring assembly and cut off the handguard cap.  Made it pretty easy and only took me about 10 minutes.
View Quote

That makes no sense? How do you tighten the barrel nut with the rail on? Am I missing something here?
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top